Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whistler DE1730

Professional

Default Whistler DE1730

The Best Buy I work at has these on a deep discount/clearance right now, and I'm thinking of getting one as a backup detector when I head in tomorrow for the Family Guy movie. I'm not too familiar with these older-model Whistlers--is the 1730 a decent performer, and would it fill in reasonably well if the X50 were out of commission for a brief period?

Professional

I do not know anything about it but since it is their low end model I would say do not waste your money on it. Even if you could buy that for less than half MSRP of $69.95 it is still not worth it.

You would be better off saving your money and buying something else.

Professional

ka range on a older whistler 1730 is really short. k range is good though.off topic
    if i was u go with a cheapo bel express 795. ka range is real good i have tested this unit with a talon ka gun and stalker dual and kustom eagle unit all ka freqs. from the Tulsa,PD THANKS TO ALL THE GOOD POLICE FORCE!

CARLITO

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    I do not know anything about it but since it is their low end model I would say do not waste your money on it. Even if you could buy that for less than half MSRP of $69.95 it is still not worth it.

You would be better off saving your money and buying something else.
    See, there's the thing. I can get it for far less than half. We're talking under $20 here, and for a detector I plan on using only if/when Belscort ever releases the promised upgrade for the X50 and I have to send it in, or should my X50 ever go out of comission temporarily, I'm thinking it might be worth it.

Worst case, it'll make a good Christmas present for a fast driver I don't happen to care much for.

Professional

Worst case, it'll make a good Christmas present for a fast driver I don't happen to care much for.
    Now that is just mean!! I like that!!!

Radar Fanatic

My Bel RX65 posted the dreaded "service required" a couple days ago, and I bought a 1730 to use as a backup since i'd been wanting to play with one for quite a while anyway. I'll try to get a decent review put together within a couple days.

Professional

See, there's the thing. I can get it for far less than half. We're talking under $20 here,
    For under $20 I should send you some money to buy me one just for me to test it out with my radar gun.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    My Bel RX65 posted the dreaded "service required" a couple days ago, and I bought a 1730 to use as a backup since i'd been wanting to play with one for quite a while anyway. I'll try to get a decent review put together within a couple days.
    compu44 glad to see u got this radar detector ya i guess its allways good to try this radar detector.
    everyone should try this one out! . It works just fine it might be a little short on ka range but IT does is job on picking up all radar bands.

off topic.If i could get the whistler1730 for $20 i would buy lots and sell these little units in some places around the world the do work great? :wink:

carlito

Professional

Buying something with my discount and reselling it (which includes buying for someone else who's paying me back) = me getting fired. I think I'll stick to buying the one for myself.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Buying something with my discount and reselling it (which includes buying for someone else who's paying me back) = me getting fired. I think I'll stick to buying the one for myself.
    I knew it could get you fired I was just kidding!!