After the GOL test results were published, we were informed by Whistler that because of the way the Pro 58 operates, after detecting POP the unit needs a few seconds after the alert ends to revert back to a "fast sweep" where it has the best chance of detecting POP. In our test, we only waited for the alert to end, and did not wait for a specific amount of time between POP hits. Thus, our test of the Whistler was not representative of it's true capabilities. Due to this fact, the same Pro 58 used in the GOL test was re-tested against the same Enforcer 67ms Ka unit, but this time with a five second pause between the time the POP alert ended and the next POP hit was transmitted. These are the results:

@ ~528 Feet (1/10 Mile), it alerted 22/25 times
@ ~1056 Feet (2/10 Mile) it alerted 22/25 times

In both cases, the detector had line of sight with the targeting radar.

Though this does not change the official Guys of LIDAR test results, a note was added to the POP results page.

Jim

Edit:
Also of a little interest here: during the tests, I used a 5W Ham HT (VX-7R) to communicate with my ham friend who assisted me with the tests. When I would transmit, the RFI indicator would show on the Enforcer. A similar thing would happen with the 500mw FRS radios on the Kustom Golden Eagle we used at the GOL tests if we were too close.

My friend had a mobile unit in his vehicle capable of 50W, so out of curiosity at 1/10 mile I had him bump up his power to 50W and key up, and it did not cause the RFI indication.