Thread: RD Handling

Default RD Handling

In general how do you go about handling your detector or detectors. Normally when i go into a store or my house. I put the detector in the glove box. Out of direct sunlight or heat and view. Every once in a while I might bring it in the house depending on if I'm going out the next day. I do this with all my detectors I have. Even my oldest detectors I have looks brand new. How do you go about your detector. I'm curious to know.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: RD Handling

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerfan View Post
    In general how do you go about handling your detector or detectors. Normally when i go into a store or my house. I put the detector in the glove box. Out of direct sunlight or heat and view. Every once in a while I might bring it in the house depending on if I'm going out the next day. I do this with all my detectors I have. Even my oldest detectors I have looks brand new. How do you go about your detector. I'm curious to know.
    If you hardwire it high above the tint strip it stays out of the sun and out of visibility. I don't have to take it down.

Power User

I slip mine of the mount and carry it inside and place it on the table. If going into a store, slip it off the mount and into my back pocket.

Newcomer

i always put my XTR-140 in the glove box or inner box (the box between driver's seat and passenger's seat)

Radar Fanatic

I usually take it down. At work it goes in the computer bag, if I'm at a store it goes in the back pocket or center console and at night it ends up in the nightstand.

Speedtrap Crasher

If I'm in a bad part of town I stash the V1 in the trunk. If it's a really bad area of town I take it with me. If it's a really really bad area of town I try not to park at all.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Speed Demon

I use a padded camera case with a velcro flap that it fits into nicely. (for my radar detector)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrots View Post
    I use a padded camera case with a velcro flap that it fits into nicely. (for my radar detector)
    Same here. I then put it under my car seat since the glove box is the first place a thief rifles through.