Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon
    Was in Salt Lake City, Now in Los Angeles

Default Pro 78se 34.7Ka videos 7/17/2009

Recorded these early this morning:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rsjdc55y7A]YouTube - Whistler Pro 78se 34.7Ka 7/17/2009 Part 1[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEq1NLU4Z5g]YouTube - Whistler Pro 78se 34.7 Ka band 7/17/2009 Part 2[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ltFvuMQRZc]YouTube - Whistler Pro 78se 34.7 Ka band 7/17/2009 Part 3[/ame]

Power User

Default Re: Pro 78se 34.7Ka videos 7/17/2009

Wow ! Very nice videos and ranges on 34.7 Ka band. Keep them coming ! Your videos show the true performance of the SE models. Post all these videos in the Radar detector and counter measure video forum also.
    Last edited by Jag42; 07-17-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    Wow ! Very nice videos and ranges on 34.7 Ka band. Keep them coming ! Your videos show the true performance of the SE models.
    Exactly correct! What? About 1 1/2 miles, in the middle of the night, with no traffic, on a very wide, perfectly straight highway, in the thin air of Salt Lake City, Utah, these ranges can be achieved using a Whistler. In LA traffic, not a chance.

And mikeslc, don't take my comments here personally. You make all the videos you want. The more the better, in fact. Jag42 was obviously taking a little stab at my credibility, so I responded. It has nothing to do with you.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    Wow ! Very nice videos and ranges on 34.7 Ka band. Keep them coming ! Your videos show the true performance of the SE models.
    Exactly correct! What? About 1 1/2 miles, in the middle of the night, with no traffic, on a very wide, perfectly straight highway, in the thin air of Salt Lake City, Utah, these ranges can be achieved using a Whistler. In LA traffic, not a chance.

And mikeslc, don't take my comments here personally. You make all the videos you want. The more the better, in fact. Jag42 was obviously taking a little stab at my credibility, so I responded. It has nothing to do with you.
    Its always my fault I have detected Ka 34.7 with 3.2 miles in Dallas/Ft.worth area with tons of traffic and curves. Besides Dj you never ran video of outside of the city like desert areas and flat areas. Whistler does the most performance on the Highway/Interstate. Show me Highway/Interstate videos. I have 40,000 miles on the Highway/Interstates with REV C.

Professional

what a ridiculous post.
    so we all have to believe ur videos without a doubt but some one post a video showing it performing better u have to bring up weather......

u do realize that more cars means more reflections and no cars means the detector has to rely on its performance.

What i have learn about djrams80 is you feed him what he wants to hear then he is happy. Trust me it works every time. As it does with allot of people on this forum.

The range on those videos where awful, whistler is crap its worst then cobra. Cobra could out perform whistler any day. The weather made whistler detect better giving it a false sense of improved performance so what we saw is just and illusion of improved performance it never really happen. Driving it through the swamps of Louisiana would make the whistler completely useless and not detect anything for nothing. Riding it up and down the grand canyon would severely hinder the whistler to where it needs to be turn off because it wont work in those terrain conditions. We must understand anything other then pancake flat roads and highways with dead dry clear weather with no traffic whistler will not work. We must have these exact conditions or a whistler is completely useless.

See djrams80 is now happy. Don't forget to feed him daily. Or he bites back.

I will be getting in my car today with my completely useless whistler radar detector that will not stand a chance.
    Last edited by whistlerfan; 07-17-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by guit123 View Post
    u do realize that more cars means more reflections and no cars means the detector has to rely on its performance.

So you're saying that having cars like this

would make it easier for the RD than if there were no cars at all on the road?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Zapple View Post

So you're saying that having cars like this

would make it easier for the RD than if there were no cars at all on the road?
    this isnt laser.... radio waves bounce off and YES it is better to have more metal objects on the road like cars, big signs for them to bounce off.

Radar Fanatic

this isnt laser.... radio waves bounce off and YES it is better to have more metal objects on the road like cars, big signs for them to bounce off.

As a ham radio operator this is extremely poor graph of how radio waves really work. Radio waves are sorta like a tennis ball they can bounce double and reflect in and out everywhere. They are not a point and stop and shoot all clear back like laser. Some reflections can even amplify carry the wave out more. Even laser scatters and reflects. Hence why sometimes you can get a Ka Band and then it goes silent and then however much down the road you go further another ka band and it goes steady. If the graph was as shown we never get these type alerts on are radar detector it would be steady every time we pick up a ka band if that was the case.
    Last edited by whistlerfan; 07-17-2009 at 11:46 AM.