Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Stay alert feature video

Some of you non-Whistler owners were curious about the Stay alert feature. This is a good way of scaring the hell out of your passengers Volume 8 will make your ears ring EDIT : The feature is Stay alert and not R U alert.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYmu98Wg0I]YouTube - MVI 0064[/ame]

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: Stay alert feature video

A great feature for long road trips. Its no fun dozing off behind the wheel

Speed Demon
    Was in Salt Lake City, Now in Los Angeles

Cool demo of a Whistler RD feature. Keep making these videos.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeslc View Post
    Cool demo of a Whistler RD feature. Keep making these videos.
    What other features you want to see in video? or ideas?

Power User

Cool, reminds me of a laser alert. Makes me sh!t my pants almost every time...

Yoda of Radar

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.... what your saying is you have to manually turn it on? then manually turn it off?

I thought it was something along the lines of: Your on a super-slab at 2:45 in the AM with a light fog (or haze rather) and no other cars for miles... so you turn it on... and at a semi-random selection (lets say between 1-15minutes) it chimes in quick... asks if you are alert and you have to catch it before it starts alarming every time to keep you active and alert... all the time it just has the regular 'Highway' display and is detecting radar. (Until of COURSE it asks if you alert)... though a radar alert would give priority... IF they happened at the same time.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me the feature is NOT how you show it: AKA: Where you have to manually turn the feature on every-time and catch it before it says your not alert... if your awake enough to turn the d*mn function on... your going to stay awake the extra 2 seconds to turn it off... there is zero element of surprise its just a pure distraction!!!!

PLEASE tell me I have it wrong, and if its the way i hope it is, its a cool feature.
    Last edited by AirMoore; 07-22-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Professional

pretty cool. i knew about this feature but never seen it. great video.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.... what your saying is you have to manually turn it on? then manually turn it off?

I thought it was something along the lines of: Your on a super-slab at 2:45 in the AM with a light fog (or haze rather) and no other cars for miles... so you turn it on... and at a semi-random selection (lets say between 1-15minutes) it chimes in quick... asks if you are alert and you have to catch it before it starts alarming every time to keep you active and alert... all the time it just has the regular 'Highway' display and is detecting radar. (Until of COURSE it asks if you alert)... though a radar alert would give priority... IF they happened at the same time.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me the feature is NOT how you show it: AKA: Where you have to manually turn the feature on every-time and catch it before it says your not alert... if your awake enough to turn the d*mn function on... your going to stay awake the extra 2 seconds to turn it off... there is zero element of surprise its just a pure distraction!!!!

PLEASE tell me I have it wrong, and if its the way i hope it is, its a cool feature.
    Yes it only works the way i showed it (manually)

Newcomer

You manually activate the feature. The unit will shortly alert you and you have to press a button in a couple of seconds after the first alert came up. And that happens again and again. It's like testing you are "alive" .

If you don't press the button in those couple of seconds after the first alert, then come the second alert that tells you to get rest.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post

Yes it only works the way i showed it (manually)

Well thanks for the honesty... but what a let-down, its more of a distraction feature, then an element of surprise 'stay alert' feature!