Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Pro-78SE vs ProLaser 2

Radar is radio. Radio reception is better the higher you mount the antenna. Period. Mounting low is FAIL on every level. And it makes not the slightest difference how well it receives laser, because you're still going to get a ticket.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

I would mount it where ever you like it. I mount mine in the center of the windshield where everyone can see it. This way I get the benefits of mounting high and low. I remove it when I get out and take it with me. When people tailgate I slow down and let them pass then use them as a rabbit.

Yoda of Radar

Well, I was going to ask what a benefit to mounting it low (or middle) would be, because I honestly see none. But then I realised that I am spoiled by the concealed display of the V1. Without that, I probably wouldn't want my RD mounted high either, as it makes it more difficult to see and control. I forgot not everyone has a remote display. But regarding performance, higher is always better.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Mobile Installer

I agree Stealth stalker
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Power User

I agree 10 feet above ground in the sunroof of my semi allows for better performance.This allows the RD a clear line of sight over the traffic on the road. But 2 feet higher on the windshield of a car.... I seriously doubt there is much additional performance gain.

Manufacturer

In my Avalanche I actually get better performance mounted a few inches above my wipers than I do when mounted above my rear view mirror.

I am not sure what Chevy uses for the tint in my windshield but it does alter my radar and laser reception somewhat.

I have not compared results to below my mirror as I personally do not like it there so I was less inclined to experiment.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    In my Avalanche I actually get better performance mounted a few inches above my wipers than I do when mounted above my rear view mirror.

I am not sure what Chevy uses for the tint in my windshield but it does alter my radar and laser reception somewhat.

That's exactly where I have mine mounted in my Avalanche.