View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pro 58/73

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's definitely good bang for the buck I got it for price.

3 50.00%
  • Yes I speed moderately - the performance is good and falses are minimum

0 0%
  • Eh, it's alright I got it for the good reviews and price but it's just average

1 16.67%
  • No I feel it falses too much

1 16.67%
  • No I feel its hard to use or not durable

0 0%
  • You get what you pay for :-(

1 16.67%
    Newcomer

Default Ka sensitivity on Whistler Pro series VS older/other Whstlrs

Hey guys im running my beloved x50 blue led as my primary radar however i just got my girlfriend the Whistler Pro 73 becuase i dont wanna spend too much since shes a moderate speeder and its the best bang for the buck (kinda like her) just kidding...anyhow my question is, inthe past older whistlers and other models have been criticized for their poor Ka sensitivity - is this improved and/or resolved on the Pro series? This is important because Ka is lethal.

Another question. I am still waiting on the Pro 73 to come in from buy.com i got the bad boy for 120$ out the door. Can I expect a lot of Ka flases as some people say? It seems odd for a radar to false in Ka - does it just depend on your area? I have an x50 and i rarely get Ka falses around Detroit.

Professional

Yes the Whistler is going to false alot.
    I have a 1773 and a pro58 and they both false alot, especially on ka.
    You will see others in the Whistler section saying the same thing.
    The pro unit is a good detector for the money.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    bommerman
    even if it fales on KA alot you still think its worth the money. i find most folks
    when a rd goes nuts on ka for no reason the rd is not worth 50 bucks thast my opion tho.

Newcomer

Default Interesting

Ka seems to be the band that most radars can get right since the frequency usually is police radar and pretty exclusive to it. i have heard from some taht the Ka falses are minimal or none, i guess it may depend on the waves in the air where you live i dont know. ill have to see after i get it i hope i didnt make a bad choice...i didnt wanna dish out extra cash on the Bel Vector 995 for my girlfriend my budget cap on her this christmas is 125$ at least for a radar you know. either way im sure i got the best for that price range. better than a Cobra im sure.

Professional

Default Re: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by detroitmalujoe
    Ka seems to be the band that most radars can get right since the frequency usually is police radar and pretty exclusive to it. i have heard from some taht the Ka falses are minimal or none, i guess it may depend on the waves in the air where you live i dont know. ill have to see after i get it i hope i didnt make a bad choice...i didnt wanna dish out extra cash on the Bel Vector 995 for my girlfriend my budget cap on her this christmas is 125$ at least for a radar you know. either way im sure i got the best for that price range. better than a Cobra im sure.
    good choice!! YES IT IS BETTER THAN A COBRA let us know how it goes with it.

carlito

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    I guess I should return the Whister 1793 SE and put that money towards a new V-1.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by carlito
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitmalujoe
    good choice!! YES IT IS BETTER THAN A COBRA let us know how it goes with it.

Which is worst? A Whistler 1793 SE or a ESD-9850 Cobra?
    carlito

Speed Demon

I have a 1744 and I get Ka falses sometimes. I think it reads some K band as Ka too.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by computersoc
    I have a 1744 and I get Ka falses sometimes. I think it reads some K band as Ka too.
    Whistlers are known for false alarms and the Cobras known for leakage. My Cobra picks up less K/KA signals than the Whistler 1793 SE. So either Cobra is a deaf mute and-the Cobra doesn't have the range & sensativity and / or the Whistler has superior range but too sensitive of a receiver and poor filtering. Doesn't look like you can win in either case guys........so bring on the V-1