Hi ya Guys,
Have anyone ever encountered a "Power Off" message blinking and beeping up your indicator panel? What could be the cause of this? Voltage surge or overheating unit?
The other day I was driving with the XTR690SE for a couple of hours off a moderately sunny day. The RD was mounted high on the windshield and shaded by the top shield tint. Suddenly that message blared off the unit. Quickly I pulled off the power cord to avoid any unwanted damage. Touched the underside of the unit and it felt quite warm to the touch of the hand. After cooling it off, activated the power again and the RD worked well for a few more hours till another similar message blared again. This time powered down again and let it cool off for a while. After sundown, none of these repeated during my next couple of hours driving. The RD worked well as expected.
Coincidentally my fuel gauge malfunctioned on the same trip and a visit to the workshop mentioned that electrical failure could be one of the factor that caused the gauge to malfunction. It's a new car that was procured about one year ago.
Have anyone encountered the same incident?