Newcomer

Default Pro 68 vs Pro78 (Se?)

Hello all.. I'm buying a new RD and stuck between the pro68 /78

I've read some good stuff about both, the difference being the 78 is a bit better but also about $60+ more.

I'm not using it to go over more than 10/15 above the limit usually so just wondering, would the Pro78 be worth the extra $60+ over the 68 for this?

(not sure what the difference is for the pro 78 and pro 78Se if someone could clarify that also)

Thanks

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: Pro 68 vs Pro78 (Se?)

I would say go for the 78se its the latest model with the best sensitivity over the 68 and 78. However you may want to look at what radar bands are used in your area before making a purchase.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    I would say go for the 78se its the latest model with the best sensitivity over the 68 and 78. However you may want to look at what radar bands are used in your area before making a purchase.
    Where would I find this information?

I currently have an old model of a whistler.. XTR-140, I've used it for about 5 months now.. however it's not as reliable as I'd want -- it usually always detects radar, sometimes not until I'm 2 seconds away from passing the radar, and with the new Lidar being implemented in my area I'm not feeling safe with it anymore as being reliable for that.

Radar Fanatic

Check out this link for local info http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...-8-6-09-a.html
    Keep in mind no radar detector will protect you from lidar, your only defense against lidar is a jammer. The xtr140 is weak against 35.5 Ka and not so great with 33.8

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by toups View Post

I currently have an old model of a whistler.. XTR-140, I've used it for about 5 months now.. however it's not as reliable as I'd want -- it usually always detects radar, sometimes not until I'm 2 seconds away from passing the radar, and with the new Lidar being implemented in my area I'm not feeling safe with it anymore as being reliable for that.
    You should get 690se or 78se...
    of course XTR-140 is not reliable.its $40 RD...

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by sniper4usmc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toups View Post

You should get 690se or 78se...
    of course XTR-140 is not reliable.its $40 RD...
    Alrighty and yes I know it's not lol I just got it to test it out and such and use as my first RD..

As for the lidar, nothing can detect it?

Radar Fanatic

All RDs can theoreticaly detect laser however the best one that can do the job is the V1 but even then you are not protected. Since laser/lidar is just light beams it gets a speed reading instantly so to be protected you need a jammer.

Newcomer

icic, probably will get the 78se then, thanks