Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8-34.7 2/21/10

The range was terrible for what should have been easy encounters... Both times I saw the flashing lights of the patrol cars before the detector began to alert. The first encounter appears to be off axis due to ramp up never going past level 4. The second might be forward facing since the alert lasted for a little while after I passed the leo but I screwed up the camera work on that one
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrJOS1RdyE]YouTube - 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8 and 34.7[/ame]

Power User

Default Re: 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8-34.7 2/21/10

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    The range was terrible for what should have been easy encounters... Both times I saw the flashing lights of the patrol cars before the detector began to alert. The first encounter appears to be off axis due to ramp up never going past level 4. The second might be forward facing since the alert lasted for a little while after I passed the leo but I screwed up the camera work on that one
    YouTube - 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8 and 34.7
    That is not that bad considering his antenna was probably facing right at the back of his victim. That was pretty decent range. His antenna could have been pointed straight up or straight down or to the side. You never know what the Leo's tactics are. I have had some really awesome forward facing results and realy bad ones. Some Dps here aim there antennas straight down when the have a victim on the side of the road.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: 690SE vs WSP Ka 33.8-34.7 2/21/10

I should say the first encounter was more of a bad ramp up due to the angle of the leo and the traffic volume. Lots of users here give Whistler high marks for having a great ramp up but its still possible to have a fail from time to time. I say just because the signal may seem weak always stay sharp.

The second however I think it was forward facing and the gun itself was falling out of tune since I got no frequency id unless I took the detector and pointed it towards the patrol car.