Thread: Suction Cups

Newcomer

Default Suction Cups

I have a Pro 58 that refuses to stay on the windshield, keeps falling off. I recently bought some new suctions cups at Walmart that were very close to the orginals that came with the unit. Didn't last long before they fizzled out. Does anyone know where I can get some good ones that will hold? Or does anyone know any tricks that help suction cups keep a firm grasp? This falling off the windshield is getting old real fast. Thanks.

Professional

Put a little vasoline on the suction cups. Roy says this has worked well for others who have had this same problem.

Radar Fanatic

The ones you get to put Christmas lights up in a window are a great fit for whistlers and hold really well.

Newcomer

The ones you get to put Christmas lights up in a window are a great fit for whistlers and hold really well.
    Where do you find these? I bought some from Walmart that had the little metal hooks on them, for hanging purposes. Is there a specific brand or store that has the ones you are talking about? Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stuckma
    Where do you find these? I bought some from Walmart that had the little metal hooks on them, for hanging purposes. Is there a specific brand or store that has the ones you are talking about? Thanks.
    That's them, just take the little hooks off.

Newcomer

Those are the ones I used(without the hooks of course) and they worked well at first. Then after about 2 weeks, they lose their grip. I will try the vaseline trick. If that doesn't work, I might try super glue! Thanks for the help guys.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stuckma
    Those are the ones I used(without the hooks of course) and they worked well at first. Then after about 2 weeks, they lose their grip. I will try the vaseline trick. If that doesn't work, I might try super glue! Thanks for the help guys.
    Personally, I wouldn't use glue on my window. You could always go the velcro route. Velcro it either to your dash or your rearview mirror depending if you like a high or low mount.

Radar Fanatic

yeah dont use glue :wink: .

you could try what Heartless did hear-- http://www.radardetector.net/8500-X50-Mount-5582t.php

Radar Fanatic

That'd sure be one way. If you were going to try glue, you might want to see what hot glue would do. At least that comes off easily.