Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Settings for Pro-78SE.

Hi everyone.

I have not been to this forum in some time but a few weeks ago my Pro-78 Rev C went black. It was still under warranty so I sent it to my dealer for repairs. Well there were several problems that occurred, so the dealer was nice enough to replace it, and he sent me a new Pro78SE. Well, when I plugged it in, in my driveway the day I got it, it was acting crazy. When I ran my hand across the front of it, it would trigger an Laser detection. It was cloudy outside with no sun out. Also Pop would go off at times, and I live out in the country where I hardly ever get a signal from anything at all. I called the dealer back told him what was happening, and shipped it back to him. Two days ago I got another new Pro78SE from him. This one is not doing those things, but it seems to not be picking up the false signals in my area like the K band automatic door openers I pass every day, until I get right up on them. With my Pro-78 Rev C I was picking them up 5 blocks before I got to them. Is this common for the newer Pro-78SE. I am afraid I will get a ticket if it does not go off from a longer distance if it is a Leo with K band. I have always keep my Pro-78 in Highway mode.

If someone can tell me the best settings for Highway mode, I will try setting it that way, and report back the findings.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I hope Michael B. reads this, as he has helped me in the past when I upgraded my old Pro-78 Rev B to the newer Rev C.
    Last edited by satman858; 03-16-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Professional

Default Re: Settings for Pro-78SE.

On this forum ideal settings consist of Filter, pop off and then the bands of your choices. K band sensitivity should be the same on the SE as your Rev C pro 78.
    Last edited by Divewjason; 03-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Professional

OK satman, i live out in the sticks also so here's my settings:
    Auto Dim=ON
    Test=OFF
    X-band=ON (i leave it on because of the X-K mis ID problem)
    K-band=ON
    Ka=MaxID
    LASER=LSID
    SR=OFF (Seldom if ever used, just takes up valuable processing resources)
    VOICE=ON
    POP=OFF (Seldom if ever used unless you live in a State where its used, also takes up valuable processing resources and could cause random falses)
    BATT SAVER=ON
    FILTER=filter (i get very few falses, so i like hearing em to let me know the RDer is still alive)
    LED (periscopes)=Blinking

In addition, i run AutoQuiet and Highway modes. I never use any of the City Modes, much as i'd like to sometimes, because of the X-K mis ID issue)

Sounds like you've had some bad luck with the new RDers.
    Where are you buying them from? Could be a shady seller maybe? Maybe returns?
    Do they arrive in factory sealed cartons?
    :

Quote Originally Posted by MOPARado View Post
    OK satman, i live out in the sticks also so here's my settings:
    Auto Dim=ON
    Test=OFF
    X-band=ON (i leave it on because of the X-K mis ID problem)
    K-band=ON
    Ka=MaxID
    LASER=LSID
    SR=OFF (Seldom if ever used, just takes up valuable processing resources)
    VOICE=ON
    POP=OFF (Seldom if ever used unless you live in a State where its used, also takes up valuable processing resources and could cause random falses)
    BATT SAVER=ON
    FILTER=filter (i get very few falses, so i like hearing em to let me know the RDer is still alive)
    LED (periscopes)=Blinking

In addition, i run AutoQuiet and Highway modes. I never use any of the City Modes, much as i'd like to sometimes, because of the X-K mis ID issue)

Sounds like you've had some bad luck with the new RDers.
    Where are you buying them from? Could be a shady seller maybe? Maybe returns?
    Do they arrive in factory sealed cartons?
    :
    Okay MOPARado,

First I would like to thank you for your reply for the settings you use. However, after taking some time to set these settings you listed, it appears that the dealer set me back the second time around an new Pro-78, not another new Pro-78SE like he did the first time, which had all those problems mentioned in my first post. I was really looking forward to trying out the new Pro-78SE, but I can not really complain because it is a warranty replacement for the Pro-78 Rev C that I sent into him to have repaired. I only paid the shipping of about $10 total for my old Pro-78 that needed repairs, and the new Pro-78SE that was defected. He paid for the back shipping to me both times. The service of my dealer was amazingly good.

The reason I know it must only be a Pro-78 and not a Pro-78SE, is because the KA band and Laser band only has an ON/OFF option. Since my older Pro-78 was originally at a Rev B (which Michael B upgraded to a Rev C for me for $20) I remembered how to check for it, and the new one I got is Rev C also.

How much do you or anyone else understand about the Filter/Filter1/Filter2 options?
    Because I would like it to be quiet, but the best performance is the most important thing.

Just how big are the differences between the Pro-78 Rev C, and the Pro-78SE?
    I know there is a KA-Max and Laser-Max difference, along with the radar band numbers giving you an idea if it is s false reading or a possible Leo, but just how big of a difference is that Max strength feature to the older Pro-78 Rev C normal strength?

Manufacturer

If you feel your unit is not working properly, you are welcome to send it to me for a checkup.

Old Timer

Filter, Filter 1 and Filter 2 settings are mainly for leaky Cobra,Uniden and RMR radar detectors that cause false alarms (mainly ka band, sometimes k and x band) on your Whistler. It is a growing problem. My advice, use the Pro 78 in Filter mode for a few days. Then try using Filter 1 mode for a few days. And then put it in Filter 2 mode for a couple of days. Check to see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    If you feel your unit is not working properly, you are welcome to send it to me for a checkup.
    Thank you Michael B.

I am going to give it a week to see how things go with it, before I send it in to you. I drove with it tonight, and did not get any signals with it at all.

What is the most sensitive filter setting to receive the most signals?

Old Timer

That would be Filter 2 mode. But as I suggested above, try all the settings to see what you like the best.

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    That would be Filter 2 mode. But as I suggested above, try all the settings to see what you like the best.
    Thanks! Having it on the filter mode like I had it, (which you are saying is the least sensitive) might be why I was not picking up signals I normally pick up.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Quote Originally Posted by satman858 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember View Post
    Thanks! Having it on the filter mode like I had it, (which you are saying is the least sensitive) might be why I was not picking up signals I normally pick up.
    You guys got it the other way around its actually Filter for most sensitive, Filter1 for more balanced and Filter2 is to make it the most quiet.