Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Professional

Default Re: 2010 Whistler Lineup?

^That'd be awesome but very pricey. It may appeal to us, but not to the mainstream, in which a company like Whistler needs to continue to aim for if they want to remain successful.

I support Whistler all the way, they have shown vast improvement starting with the Rev C platform, which still blows me away. I can't believe at times that I paid $150 for a detector that performs like my Whistler does. I expect them to make more substantial advancements in the future.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by MOPARado View Post
    I looked all over the Whistler site and couldn't find anything related to golf. Can you guys post a link? Not that i play golf!

:
    It has a bright orange like golfer image right on the main page not sure how you could have missed it unless your browser didn't update and it used an old copy of the website.

The GOLF GPS text popped at me when I went to their site. ITs a cool looking little item.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    GolfDigest GPS Specifications Golf gps and also Whistler's Wireless Inspection Cameras wireless inspection cameras. I think someone at whistler should throw all the product lineup into a blender and come out with an all in one machine. Think of it radar detector with gps, red light camera alerts, navigation, bluetooth, and mulitple cameras for vehicle security + road trips. Plus make it into a wireless remote unit so you can take the display with you and play some golf after a long day in traffic oh and add another camera so you can film yourself get a hole in one. Win win win win Win??
    Thanks TRun for posting those links.
    A GolfDigest? Whistler's CEO must be an avid golfer!
    Can't see the tie-in though with the inspection camera and golfing? Unless maybe a Caddy Shack type gopher is involved somehow.

Yeah! an all-in-one device; RDer, RLC alerter, GPS map and security cameras all tied together with blue tooth communications.
    The only features missing are a CB radio and satellite TV reception.
    :

Power User

Mike B you need a SE based remote detector, with band id etc.

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by focalcivic View Post
    ^ This. I'd like a remote install for my convertible (just for anti-theft, convenience and stealth, spectre-immunity not necessary). It would be nice to have options other than paying $550 to get an installed version of my RX-65 I bought for $220, or a Whistler that they're not even proud enough of to put under the "exclusive high performance" section of the site.

Then again, the existing Pro-3450 is already $330, so I'm not sure what price point such a thing would end up at...

Newcomer

Until the X+K situation is dealt with i won't be buying another Whistler. I'd probably be willing to pay up to ~$250.

I've been running a 695SE for a few+ thousand miles in a car & have been running my (regular) 695 in a lifted truck.

IMO the detection range between them on (K) is pretty much equalized factoring the height difference. I have noticed better (K) rear detection in the truck (smaller cab) though.

I haven't had enough (Ka) ID'd encounters to say if there's a noticeable difference but it's probably about the same.

The X+K thing has grown old. I don't mind sticking with Whistler but it's gotta be fixed. That being said i'll likely just wait a while because i don't find other brands to be worth their price tag.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Divewjason View Post
    ^That'd be awesome but very pricey. It may appeal to us, but not to the mainstream, in which a company like Whistler needs to continue to aim for if they want to remain successful.

Yep, apparently Whistler's marketing model is cheap hi volume RDers and more power to them if they're realizing profits.
    Still, for those of us that are looking for something a notch or two better, IMO i don't think it would take the equivalent of 'putting a man on the moon' effort for Whistler to come out with a no holds barred RDer...if nothing else just to prove they can do it and maybe make some money in the process. All they might have to do is adress the X-K ID thing, Ka falses and add a couple more bells 'n whistles in addition to firmware updates via a PC/USB port.

How much market share could Whistler 'steal' from the mid-level EscoBels of the world? If Whistler has confidence in the performance of this mythical new high-end model, some slick advertising similar to EscoBel's would help it along.
    I'd buy one, even if its a limited one time 'test-the-waters' production model costing more.
    Maybe Whistler already has something up their sleeve and are waiting for the V1 patents to expire?

I support Whistler all the way, they have shown vast improvement starting with the Rev C platform, which still blows me away. I can't believe at times that I paid $150 for a detector that performs like my Whistler does. I expect them to make more substantial advancements in the future.
    Lets hope Whistler doesn't get stuck in the low end RDer market
    Yeah, i said it before and i'll say it again, in my experience, the cost/performance ratio is great with both revs C and C+ even with their warts.
    :

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by supercowpowers View Post
    ^ This. I'd like a remote install for my convertible (just for anti-theft, convenience and stealth, spectre-immunity not necessary). It would be nice to have options other than paying $550 to get an installed version of my RX-65 I bought for $220, or a Whistler that they're not even proud enough of to put under the "exclusive high performance" section of the site.

Then again, the existing Pro-3450 is already $330, so I'm not sure what price point such a thing would end up at...
    Street value is around $180 new

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniper4usmc View Post

Street value is around $180 new
    Holy crap you're right. I was just looking at their website. Wonder when that's been updated...

Power User

you can get the pro 3450 for like 200 bucks if you look around, even radar busters has if cheaper.

http://www.radarbusters.com/radar-de...erdetector.cfm