Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Whistler and the CES show...

I believe this is more of a question to Roy, unless a Whistler Rep hits this one.

As you were at the show, what improvements is Whistler bringing to the table?
    -True VG-2 undetectabilty?
    -Spectra reduction, with RDDD?
    -Better performance w/ less falsing?

Thanks

Good Citizen

Default Re: Whistler and the CES show...

Quote Originally Posted by RadarHell
    I believe this is more of a question to Roy, unless a Whistler Rep hits this one.

As you were at the show, what improvements is Whistler bringing to the table?
    -True VG-2 undetectabilty?
    -Spectra reduction, with RDDD?
    -Better performance w/ less falsing?

Thanks
    without being an expert on RD's like some guys on this forum its seems to me that most if not all whistler's are crap in performance and falsing that I don't really know who the hell is buying them,for them to stay in business so long.

i don't think i have ever seen or read anywhere a whistler RD (even their newest and best models, expensive ones included) ever beating the top RD's

so as far as improvements they would have to by my way of thinking scrap their whole model range and start again from scratch!!!

or am i being a bit to hard on them?

Professional

You're being very hard on them. For people who can't afford a V1 or a Belscort, Whistlers are the next best thing. They offer good to good-enough range on all bands, and though they false easily, they're cheap. I've got a Whistler 1730, bottom of the line, as my backup detector, and I'm perfectly comfortable driving with it.

You might have Whistler and RMR confused. :wink:

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    You're being very hard on them. For people who can't afford a V1 or a Belscort, Whistlers are the next best thing. They offer good to good-enough range on all bands, and though they false easily, they're cheap. I've got a Whistler 1730, bottom of the line, as my backup detector, and I'm perfectly comfortable driving with it.

You might have Whistler and RMR confused. :wink:
    but wouldn't they just hold out a little longer and save up for the more Superior product?

Radar Fanatic

V1 = X50 = RX65 >= V995> low-end bels > whistler > pni/sensoro = cobra > RMR

Basically, Whistler is in the middle of the pack but the top of the low-end market. For the price you do pretty well.

Professional

Not everyone wants to spend lots of money on a radar detector.
    That is where Whistler comes in, they make a good product at a price that most people are willing to spend on a radar detector.

Some people think we are crazy spending $300- $400 for a radar detector. But those same people have no problem spending $300- $400 on a new head unit for their car, it really boils down to what someone is into and what he or she is willing to pay.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    Not everyone wants to spend lots of money on a radar detector.
    That is where Whistler comes in, they make a good product at a price that most people are willing to spend on a radar detector.

Some people think we are crazy spending $300- $400 for a radar detector. But those same people have no problem spending $300- $400 on a new head unit for their car, it really boils down to what someone is into and what he or she is willing to pay.

yes this is all very true but what it boils down to is that a good top of the range RD will save you every cent you spend on it in the short run and keep saving you heaps more in the long run.

mine saved me(Bel995 2 tickets in the first day) and so far at leat 2-3 times a week for the last 6 months(atleast)

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by brick

Basically, Whistler is in the middle of the pack but the top of the low-end market. For the price you do pretty well.
    Yeb agree V1 & RX65 equal haven't got a X50 so can't comment!

Radar Fanatic

I remember when Whistler used to advertise in all the car magazines but havent seen anything for quite some time now.

Banned

I disagree

V1 > X50 >V995 = RX65 = RX55 > V985> whistler Pro 58=73 > Low end bel = low end wistler>>>>pni/sensoro = cobra > RMR

I personally dont own everyone of thos detectors BUT i have seen everyone of thos detectors in actions except RMR PNI But we know they suck anyways!!