Good Citizen

Default POP mode on or off?

I recently bought my girlfriend a Whistler XTR-335 with pop detection. I've been browsing on these forums for a while and everyone seems to run their RD with the POP mode off. I know that this if supposed to reduce the number of falses. People also seem to run with pop off to increase the detection range on their RD. Does anyone have an data to back up this claim or is this mere speculation? Does turning off pop really increase radar detection range? Also, would leaving pop on be more beneficial for states that use I/O K and KA or Q/T low power K or KA? I used her RD over the weekend in my car with POP mode on and POP mode off and I couldn't really see a difference in the number of falses or range differences.

Professional

Default Re: POP mode on or off?

Turn POP off and forget about it. Could be wrong but i don't believe out of all the speeders here, i can't recall anyone getting a speeding ticket with POP. In fact i seem to remember reading somewhere its illegal for a LEO to issue a speeding ticket using POP alone.
    POP based radar's instant blasting definition requires the detector to constantly monitor for POP placing a higher real time scanning priority for it relative to the other police radar bands which one should really worry about.
    So yes with POP disabled, all the other police radar frequencies are scanned quicker resulting in better alert distances and IO detection.
    :

snoopyc4

Default Re: POP mode on or off?

Pop off