I have had the Whistler 1788 for about 18 months now. About 6 months ago, the plug that goes into the car lighter burned up and stopped working. However, I bought some rechargable batteries and have been using them without a problem since. Now, the unit has just stopped working. I tested using regular new batteries and the rechargeables and the batteries work fine. However, the unit will not turn on at all. Is there a fuse or something in there that I need to change? Anything else I can do to get this thing working?
Thanks in advance