Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Power User

Default Veil Guy ..Where is your videos of the Whistler 3600 remote ?

I'm expecting some videos from Bob of the Whistler 3600 since he is a big fan of Whistler. I might have to splurge and go ahead and buy one to test. Bob usually has videos before the release of a new Whistler product?

Banned

Default Re: Veil Guy ..Where is your videos of the Whistler 3600 remote ?

I was wondering the same thing? Jag42...you know you want to try out the 3600!

Power User

I'm sure there is a jump on x and K band from the new upgrade. I think Ka is questionable ..Maybe since not being mounted behind a windshield would give it some boost on Ka band such as 2-3 db's. I can tell you my XTR 690 SE gives my V1 a good run for its money on Moving Instant on Ka 34.7
    Last edited by Jag42; 01-25-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Jag42 View Post
    I'm expecting some videos from Bob of the Whistler 3600 since he is a big fan of Whistler. I might have to splurge and go ahead and buy one to test. Bob usually has videos before the release of a new Whistler product?
    Yes, I am patiently waiting for this also.

Professional

I'm sure there is a jump on x and K band from the new upgrade. I think Ka is questionable ..Maybe since not being mounted behind a windshield would give it some boost on Ka band such as 2-3 db's. I can tell you my XTR 690 SE gives my V1 a good run for its money on Moving Instant on Ka 34.7
    The extra sensitivity from not being mounted behind the windshield's attenuation of the radar signal could be somewhat offset 'if' the antenna module has to be mounted relatively low to the pavement. This lack of an 'eagle's eye' elevated panorama of the antenna so to speak, is my number one big gripe with remote units.
    The ace hot setup would be to mount the antenna module on the roof.

Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

Quote Originally Posted by MOPARado View Post
    The extra sensitivity from not being mounted behind the windshield's attenuation of the radar signal could be somewhat offset 'if' the antenna module has to be mounted relatively low to the pavement. This lack of an 'eagle's eye' elevated panorama of the antenna so to speak, is my number one big gripe with remote units.
    I've thought about that myself. Just one drawback.......in the summer sun any electronics sitting on the roof of your vehicle will quickly get deep fried me thinks.

I'd opt for some discreet way of mounting it under the driver's side mirror, but that's highly dependant on the design of the door mirror itself.

Thats the next step in the evolution of multi-piece detectors. The design of these remote antennas could be better in terms of making them more versatile with mounting options both inside and outside the cabin and the appearance should account for installs with the antenna in plain view.

Heh heh........always something to gripe about. However, I like what little I've seen so far of the 3600 against Ka and the rear antenna and GPS add on capability is very enticing. So is the price!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by nine_c1 View Post
    I've thought about that myself. Just one drawback.......in the summer sun any electronics sitting on the roof of your vehicle will quickly get deep fried me thinks.

I'd opt for some discreet way of mounting it under the driver's side mirror, but that's highly dependant on the design of the door mirror itself.

Thats the next step in the evolution of multi-piece detectors. The design of these remote antennas could be better in terms of making them more versatile with mounting options both inside and outside the cabin and the appearance should account for installs with the antenna in plain view.

Heh heh........always something to gripe about. However, I like what little I've seen so far of the 3600 against Ka and the rear antenna and GPS add on capability is very enticing. So is the price!
    I hear you.
    But keep in mind, the antenna module is designed to be mounted outside the vehicle, behind grill, bumper...or roof!
    Also keep in mind Whistler has a kick ass warranty on this product which i believe is 5 years.

If i get one of these things, the antenna is gonna be mounted inside on the windshield somehow or outside on the leading edge of the roof. Already got some ideas on a roof mount.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by nine_c1 View Post

I hear you.
    But keep in mind, the antenna module is designed to be mounted outside the vehicle, behind grill, bumper...or roof!
    Also keep in mind Whistler has a kick ass warranty on this product which i believe is 5 years.

If i get one of these things, the antenna is gonna be mounted inside on the windshield somehow or outside on the leading edge of the roof. Already got some ideas on a roof mount.
    You know those Sunroof deflectors?

I thought maybe cutting a spot for the antenna to sit would set it off for a good install, but nine_c1's right, summer sun would prob rape the antenna

Manufacturer

Spoke to the VG recently, He is having a Pro3600 professionally installed and said he would have some video and testing sometime in early Feb.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    He is having a Pro3600 professionally installed.
    Oh no...