Hey all, just picked this 695 up a week ago and its been great so far. I have some questions in regards to the unit settings but also some general newb questions. Any help is appreciated!
First of all let me say I'm in south FL / Fort Lauderdale area so you can get an idea of the terrain I'm driving over (ie congested but flat)
1. Does anyone use the Safety Report feature? Any reason not to use this?
2. If I turn X band off in the settings, does it mean that City1, City2, and Highway modes would be identifcal?
3. Should I turn Ka to KaID and Laser to LSID generally speaking? Laser defaults to 'Norm'
4. I find I get some K readings (faint) every so often, is this likely from other RDs? Would using 'Filter1' possibly lessen this?
5. I dont quite understand the purpose of the Battery Saver. I mean why would you want it to turn off after 3 hours if you are still in the car while driving?
6. On the SE model it seems lots of people disable the POP mode, should I leave this enabled or disabled on the reg 695? I dont really understand how POP is different than regular K or Ka. Same goes with PULSE
7. General question - I drove by a bikecop going opp direction (he was driving) and it picked up his Ka. SImilar thing happened when i drove by a car pulled over. Neither time did they have the guns out, yet it picked it up, is this normal?
8. General question - Does a radar gun look different than a laser gun in size/shape? Are radar guns pretty large and the laser fairly narrow? (just curious)
9. I was thinking of mounting my 695 above the RVM like some have done but I have dark 15% tint strip, will this block any of the detection? Similarly, will the rear spoiler on my car block anything?
10. Is there any way to find out which authorities use what type of Radar or Laser in my area? It would be nice to know if I saw Ka then its the local PD, and if I saw K its highway patrol, etc. Im guessing Im asking too much but figured Id ask
11. I read people have issues with the X band showing as K band sometimes. If I turn off X band all together, will it fix this issue?
Thanks all, I really appreciate the feedback!