Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What's Next for Whislter?

Or, what may be more important, WHEN'S next for Whistler? I have used a Pro 78 for years and gave it to my son when I sold him my truck. I have been driving without "protection" for a couple of months and have considered the 695SE or Pro-3600. But want to see what comes next from Whistler.

Anyone with any ideas?

Power User

Default Re: What's Next for Whislter?

Whistler is working on some new stuff coming soon, only Michael B knows the release dates, maybe he will give us some new info on the new stuff he has in the works.

Lead Foot

Did the KA9 false alert issue get resolved? XMAS is coming and I wanted to pick up a Whistler or two for friends and family but not until that issue has been resolved. Also hoping to send my PRO78SE in to be fixed if possible.

Power User

I did some testing, along with others in different areas of the US and we discovered the source of a lot of the ka 9 falsing. I do not know if that will be applied in future models, or if it will be introduced into the se models being produced today. I would recommend buying xtr695 Whistlers for Christmas. In my testing they have no ka 9 falsing issues and performance just as well as the se models on 34.7 ka bands I have tested them on. I have seen XTR-695 units on amazon for as low as 82 bucks.

Lead Foot

Thanks Freebird. I agree. The XTR695 I have in my wife's car works pretty well without the falses. Detection range isn't up to the SE level though. Only thing I don't like about it is the display is hard to see.

Power User

According to the new Whistler at Costco with red LED periscopes,The next generation will have a re-engineered brand new display. OLED display or something?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by stealthfz1 View Post
    Thanks Freebird. I agree. The XTR695 I have in my wife's car works pretty well without the falses. Detection range isn't up to the SE level though. Only thing I don't like about it is the display is hard to see.
    Detection range is better on the xtr695 for 34.7 compared to the se units in my testing..
    I have not tested 35.5 but I bet the Se units are better. Is this what you are seeing better detection range on 35.5?

Also keep in mind, my findings are just that, I could have a better working xtr695 by luck, so take my findings with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Freebird; 11-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: What's Next for Whistler?

Sorry. I AM AN IDIOT. Typing too fast makes you misspell words like

W-H-I-S-T-L-E-R.

One of my pet peeves.

Good Citizen

I had to stop using my XTR 690se and go back to using my beltronics vector 985 due to the KA 9 falses. I could tolerate them but my girlfriend would get so annoyed she'd try to break my RD. Even in filter 2 mode it was KA 9 falsing. Hopefully the next high end whistler model get's those issues resolved.

Power User

I am pretty certain future Whistlers will not suffer from the ka9 falses the se models did.