Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Models???

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: New Models???

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post
    TFSR filter is the best thing from whistler in a long time. No more lane assist false alarms at all.
    Whistler needs to figure out the Ka false alert problem. For the most part, all I had enabled was Ka band and laser and it still falsed all day. Cobra has the same exact problem, except that Whistlers Ka false alerts are usually full blast, instant-on sounding, heart dropping, cram the brakes, Ka9. At least Cobras Ka false alerts are more tame. If another generation of Whistler radar detectors shows up without earnestly addressing this issue, it'll show that they're not serious about their engineering.

Good Citizen

I havent gotten any ka9 falses since i had tsfr put on my 693se. My main concern is the weak k band range. I put my 693 as my backup since I had too many close calls with local leos.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    TFSR filter is the best thing from whistler in a long time. No more lane assist false alarms at all.
    Whistler needs to figure out the Ka false alert problem. For the most part, all I had enabled was Ka band and laser and it still falsed all day. Cobra has the same exact problem, except that Whistlers Ka false alerts are usually full blast, instant-on sounding, heart dropping, cram the brakes, Ka9. At least Cobras Ka false alerts are more tame. If another generation of Whistler radar detectors shows up without earnestly addressing this issue, it'll show that they're not serious about their engineering.
    The tfsr update also appliled a hardware tweak to combat false alarms.

Yoda of Radar

The tfsr update also appliled a hardware tweak to combat false alarms.
    I'll test one of the new Whistlers to see if they made any progress on the KA9 falsing or not.

Good Citizen

I had the TFSR upgrade and I still get KA 9 falses. It drives me nuts! It's only in my area where I live near cellphone towers. It does not false anywhere else. I hope the new whistlers fix this problem. I also found that the TSFR feature reduces K band range by a significant amount. I tested this on a K band speed sign and the decrease in range was quite noticeable. I still love my XTR 690se, the Ka 9 falsing is reduced with the TFSR upgrade but it's really distracting even in Filter 2 mode.

Good Citizen

K band wasnt a strong suit to begin with. They are being very quiet so Im hoping for some awesome improvements.

Newcomer

I've never had problems with KA falsing. But I really wanna see the x/k band confusion fixed so we can turn off x band so we don't have to know where every automatic door opener in town is. Also V1 like sensitivity would be great too. And if they have to have an even higher end model that's $300+ to get that id say its worth it.

Well... here we are at the end of July... anyone hear any news on new models?