Question Just bought Whistler XTR-695SE

Hey everyone i just got the 695 se and i love it so far. But i just have some questions. I live in Paramus, NJ so i dont know which mode to keep my rd on. What is the difference between highway mode, city mode, city 1 mode, and city 2 mode. Should i keep all of the bands on all of the time? If you guys wouldn't mind i'll appriciate any general knowledge for this rd.

Thanks Everyone for your help!

Good Citizen

Default Re: Just bought Whistler XTR-695SE

Quote Originally Posted by metrostar1kid View Post
    Hey everyone i just got the 695 se and i love it so far. But i just have some questions. I live in Paramus, NJ so i dont know which mode to keep my rd on. What is the difference between highway mode, city mode, city 1 mode, and city 2 mode. Should i keep all of the bands on all of the time? If you guys wouldn't mind i'll appriciate any general knowledge for this rd.

Thanks Everyone for your help!
    Make sure you read your manual throughly it will explain your modes! Use Highway mode on the highway. I like City mode in the city. Leave all Bands on except POP and Safety. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MDR; 12-29-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Newcomer

Welcome and good choice on your first detector. But yes read over the manual, it has alot of good info! If you have the newer 695SE be sure to turn on TSFR. I always turn off battery saver too since it will scare the **** out of you on a long trip. Make sure laser is set to LSID and Ka is KaMaxID and leave both X and K on. Make sure POP is off too. Mount the detector high on your windshield but don't have it behind the tint strip. You should also read up on common LEO tactics and how radar guns and radar detectors work and all about that different bands and frequencies to better understand your encounters. Ask us any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinR View Post
    Welcome and good choice on your first detector. But yes read over the manual, it has alot of good info! If you have the newer 695SE be sure to turn on TSFR. I always turn off battery saver too since it will scare the **** out of you on a long trip. Make sure laser is set to LSID and Ka is KaMaxID and leave both X and K on. Make sure POP is off too. Mount the detector high on your windshield but don't have it behind the tint strip. You should also read up on common LEO tactics and how radar guns and radar detectors work and all about that different bands and frequencies to better understand your encounters. Ask us any questions you may have.
    Thanks for the information, just wondering are all of these settings good for where i live and around me. I live in paramus, nj

Newcomer

Yes those settings should work perfectly anywhere in US. The only thing I might recommend is change the filter level if your in big metropolitan area. Is your unit the new one with the OLED screen? Oh and did you read the manual for the explanation of the city modes? I only use highway and city. I never use city 1 and city 2.