Question Faulty Whistler XTR-695SE?

Hey guys i live in north jersey and when im driving on the Garden State Parkway my radar will go off for ka pop4 for like a mile then right when that stops it will go to X band for a mile then K band for a mile. All of these bands are going off at level 9 . It just switches from band to band one right after the other. Also sometimes, also on the Garden State Parkway, i will be driving and all of a sudden my radar will go off K Band all the way on strength/level 9 for like 2 miles straight. Of course i look around me when my radar goes off and sometimes no one is around me or no cops are near me and it goes off for a straight mile, loud as hell. Do i have a faulty 695SE? I dont know what is wrong with my rd but its starting to get annoying.

Can someone please help!!??

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Default Re: Faulty Whistler XTR-695SE?

Sounds like traffic monitoring drones.

alright so what would you suggest i do? Call whistler and try to get a new one?

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Call and see if they can apply TFSR to it. Tell them you have drones in your area making the detector useless.

Alright i called up Whistler and they said that my radar is not equipped with TFSR. She said to just play around with the filters. Is anyone else having these problems or knows how to fix them?!?!

Advanced Member

One question? Does this strange activity on the RD happen after a certain time after the unit is turned on? In simple words, the unit is heating up to a point then goes nuts, test in the drive after the same amount of time as would being on the freeway. Traffic drones are K band and should not effect the Rd that way. Does the unit have a factory reset? There maybe interference on that route. Make sure that the RD does not do it anywhere else beside that freeway while using the RD. It then may need a repair job....