Default Cannot Update My CR-90: Ideas?

I've downloaded the exe file and data file for updating my device from the Whistler website. I've also created a login account and registered my device. One thing on note is that when I registered, the screen goes white when I clicked the submit button so I'm not entirely sure the registration when through. I did log out of Explorer and submitted the registration a second time (same white screen).

When I click on 'Check for Updates' in the exe file, it diverts me the the Whistler website where the downloads are available. However, the instructions for updating the device state that a window should appear and allow me to select the data file I downloaded prior. I've tried several time with no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Administrator

Default Re: Cannot Update My CR-90: Ideas?

I just sent your question to an engineer at Whistler and asked him to respond.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Thanks Roy.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla1969 View Post
    I've downloaded the exe file and data file for updating my device from the Whistler website. I've also created a login account and registered my device. One thing on note is that when I registered, the screen goes white when I clicked the submit button so I'm not entirely sure the registration when through. I did log out of Explorer and submitted the registration a second time (same white screen).

When I click on 'Check for Updates' in the exe file, it diverts me the the Whistler website where the downloads are available. However, the instructions for updating the device state that a window should appear and allow me to select the data file I downloaded prior. I've tried several time with no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks all.
    Go to the Whistler Website - click on the FIND DOWNLOADS tab/ click n Radar Detectors/ select the "R" or "S" version of your CR90 and save the RLC data to your desktop. Open the PC program click on DB UPDATE or OPEN FILE (depending on which LETTER your unit is) then direct the program to the file you saved from the website.

Apparently, it wasn't a software issue. I swapped out the USB to micro-USB cord and everything worked great. Thanks for everyone's input.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla1969 View Post
    Apparently, it wasn't a software issue. I swapped out the USB to micro-USB cord and everything worked great. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Glad you got it figured out. Enjoy. :-)