Thread: Whister Cr-93

Default Whister Cr-93

Can Someone please help me with the best settings for CR-93? I have k band in my town so I was trying to keep my k band setting long and Ka 34.7 plus 35.5 and one town 33.8.
    My settings
    1 highway
    2 TFSR on Is this for Traffic Flow Sensors? Will This Lower k band and Ka Band a lot?
    3 FDSR Is this the BSM Filter used to get rid of falses from blind spot monitoring? How is this with Range for k band and ka band?
    4 xk filter2 Will this lower k band a lot?
    5 ka filter1 Will this lower my ka band a lot?
    6 Auto quite on for volume to be lowered
    7 AUTO QUIET SPEED Will this low range for any bands? have 25 mph set can they be the same?
    8 AUTO FILTER SPEED Will This lower range for any bands? 25 mph set can they be the same and work ok?
    9 x band off
    10 FDSR On setting two. Shows ### not FDSr put doesn't beep shows range of blind spot car or truck. Can you get an alert of real cop when this happens? Are these setting any good? Ka Max ModeProvides enhanced Ka sensitivity. This mode can be selectedwith or without RSID? What Is RSID
    Please help me with the best settings?
    Last edited by Electronicdude; 05-01-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Default Re: Whister Cr-93

Veil Guy Can You Please reply

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicdude View Post
    Veil Guy Can You Please reply
    Actually a long detailed reply earlier, but the post didn't take.

Will have to rewrite it!

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

is tfsr for traffic flow signs?
    FDSR bsm filtering?
    Can you please tell me your settings since I know you liked this unit.

Manufacturer

Here you go! Recomposed my response:

1) Highway is fine
    2) No effect on sensitivity, perhaps timing a bit, but not sensitivity. Only use if you experience known traffic flow sensors in specific areas and they are bothersome (yes only used for stationery sensors that pulse at 750ms-1000ms)
    3) FDSR doesn't effect sensitivity. It is essentially a mechanism to indicate that the detector's reception is being compromised. If you don't have it on, the detector may not alert when being interfered and remain quiet (as other detector can/will do). At least with FDSR, the detector will be informing you of this. FSDR is specifically for BSM systems.
    4) No effect on sensitivity, but adds about 100ms for each additional "level" to the base line
    5) Same as #4
    6) Fine
    7) No effect on sensitivity, whatever your personal preference is
    8) No effect on sensitivity, whatever your personal preference is
    9) Ok as long as you don't drive in NJ, Ohio, North Carolina, remote parts of Mississippi
    10) See #3. Ka Max mode is the preferred setting here.

Hope this helps!

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Veil Guy Plz reply to post below? Any reason why I can't pm anyone?

Thank you for your help! Did you run FDSr with small r so you didn't have here all beeps? Did TFSR or FDSR,FDSr filter out cops? Did you have xk filter on 1,2,3? Ka 1,2,3? I will try highway does TFMR or FDMr or FDMR work in highway? Does xk filter work when highway is on? I tried pm you or private message but I can't anyone reason?

QUOTE=Veil Guy;915239]Here you go! Recomposed my response:

1) Highway is fine
    2) No effect on sensitivity, perhaps timing a bit, but not sensitivity. Only use if you experience known traffic flow sensors in specific areas and they are bothersome (yes only used for stationery sensors that pulse at 750ms-1000ms)
    3) FDSR doesn't effect sensitivity. It is essentially a mechanism to indicate that the detector's reception is being compromised. If you don't have it on, the detector may not alert when being interfered and remain quiet (as other detector can/will do). At least with FDSR, the detector will be informing you of this. FSDR is specifically for BSM systems.
    4) No effect on sensitivity, but adds about 100ms for each additional "level" to the base line
    5) Same as #4
    6) Fine
    7) No effect on sensitivity, whatever your personal preference is
    8) No effect on sensitivity, whatever your personal preference is
    9) Ok as long as you don't drive in NJ, Ohio, North Carolina, remote parts of Mississippi
    10) See #3. Ka Max mode is the preferred setting here.

Hope this helps!

VG[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Electronicdude; 05-03-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicdude View Post
    Veil Guy Plz reply to post below? Any reason why I can't pm anyone?

Thank you for your help! Did you run FDSr with small r so you didn't have here all beeps? Did TFSR or FDSR,FDSr filter out cops? Did you have xk filter on 1,2,3? Ka 1,2,3? I will try highway does TFMR or FDMr or FDMR work in highway? Does xk filter work when highway is on?
    My pleasure.

I've tried both ways, I think its your personal preference because performance is not impacted anyway.

TFSR adds alerting delays which requires CO signals to be present longer before choosing to alert. Flow sensors can transmit bursts anywhere from 500ms-1000ms, depending upon time of day or programming of those systems. TFSR works by getting about those durations. So sensitivity is not effected per say, but reactivity is. That may appear as a decrease in sensitivity, but actually it is not. Really only matters for I/O or QT.

Yes XK works that way.

With FDSR the feature itself does NOT do any filtering at all. The only thing that it does is inform you as the driver, that your Whistler CR93 is actively being interfered with and its performance is potentially compromised, in that it may not alert to genuine radar while in the presence of a K-band BSM system. All detectors are likely going to adversely effected as well, but Whistler with their FDSR feature is letting you know this as its happening real-time to let you know that your detector is not operating at its peak level. With FDSR the outcome would be the same, except you wouldn't know it. The detector would just be quiet as it filters out the BSM system.

VG

Thanks again is there any reason why I can't send a pm message to anyone?