Thread: DB error CR 93

Newcomer

Default DB error CR 93

Hey guys , my father imported a Whistler cr93 to New Zealand and all was good for a month then suddenly we had an error message DB fault . Ihave tried to reset the unit but each time the same fault message appears . i tried to down load updating software and that then asked to delete the internal drive but when i said yes it wouldn't . i emailed whistler and got a reply once and never again after 3 emails ....im lost can someone help please

Speed Demon

Default Re: DB error CR 93

That's a tough break to happen, did you buy it new & does it come w/ a warranty so you can send it back to the manufacturer for repair service ?
    I wonder if "DB" stands for database error possibly ?

Send Forum member "Veil Guy" a message as he has some experience w/ Whistler products.
    I've never owned one myself.

Manufacturer

Default Re: DB error CR 93

Quote Originally Posted by burl View Post
    Hey guys , my father imported a Whistler cr93 to New Zealand and all was good for a month then suddenly we had an error message DB fault . Ihave tried to reset the unit but each time the same fault message appears . i tried to down load updating software and that then asked to delete the internal drive but when i said yes it wouldn't . i emailed whistler and got a reply once and never again after 3 emails ....im lost can someone help please
    Thanks RR.

Yes, I spoke to Whistler about this gentleman's issue. They told me they specifically make international units such as the 78GXi for outside North America.

Perhaps if he would like to send me the unit, I could have them look at it, but they do not formally support domestic models in int'l markets.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware and the DB software?
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook