PDA

View Full Version : The Dilemma

Hessen
04-24-2005, 08:30 AM
I would just love to buy a Laser Jammer.
Cops are going Laser mad up here especially in most cities or built up areas. Unfortunately Jammers are Illegal.
I am very impressed with the Blinder, but the size of the transponders is what's holding me back from taking the plunge.
The small size of the Lidatek transponder is very appealing, but does it work? Anything that brings up a code is not an option.
I have an SUV, size of an a Chev Traiblazer. I have communicated with Roy and sent him photos. He advises the M20 would do.
But hiding those transponders.
My next hurdle is I just can't embrace the idea of painting Veil on the headlights of my expensive new truck.
Also front license plates are mandatory, and you guessed it lovely highly reflective white.
Suggestions Folks?

happya$$
04-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I would not take a chance on a jammer especially if the fines are hefty. Just buy the Laser Veil and the V1 so you can have a good defense against laser. Is laser heavily used in your area?

Hessen
04-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Is laser heavily used in your area?

Absolutely...especailly in the nicer weather... oddly the Cops don't seem to like running Laser traps in cold weather.. :shock: ...can't write tickets with cold fingers..... :lol:

V1 is out of the question...not invisible to the Spectre.... :(

DrSimc
04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I suggest you to buy Lidatek and an extra transmiter, for perfect protection. The Lidatek gives no jamming code until 50m from the laser gun.

lordhamster
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I would not take a chance on a jammer especially if the fines are hefty. Just buy the Laser Veil and the V1 so you can have a good defense against laser. Is laser heavily used in your area?

Arent radar detectors illegal also in ontario?

happya$$
04-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah but I think the fines are far worse for jammers

SmaartAasSaabr
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
I know in Quebec all we have are the generic white and blue boring plates, but Ontario has some special ones don't they? I'll try to dig up some info.

EDIT / I think I must have been thinking of the Diplomatic Immunity plates (red) but maybe one with the fancy picture on it will slightly reduce the LIDAR signature?

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/image/veteran1.gif

Hessen
04-24-2005, 06:14 PM

Arent radar detectors illegal also in ontario?

In Ontario.

It is illegal to own or operate any equipment that warns of or interferes with any speed measuring equipment.

What's the point.....isn't speeding illegal in the States..... :?

spankyaf
04-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Colour photocopy of frontplate behind a smoked tint plastic cover. Almost impossible to notice unless you get your nose down to plate.

Hessen
04-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Colour photocopy of frontplate behind a smoked tint plastic cover. Almost impossible to notice unless you get your nose down to plate.

Good Idea.....I Like It

:wink:

Regis
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I put Veil on my car about a week ago, and I have to say, it looks fine to me. It's noticeable if you are looking for it, but all in all, has little visual impact, and the impact it does have doesn't make it look bad at all (a little different, but not in a bad way at all). I also Veiled my Pontiac reflector logo on the front of the vehicle and two little metallic strips (that I never really paid much notice too before this, they kind of surpised me when I looked at the front for things that might reflect.. heh). After all of that, very low visual impact to the car's appearance.