PDA

View Full Version : Nothing but praise for the Pro73

CarreraGtRacer
05-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I had a Cobra XRS9700 which I sold to a cousin and decided to buy the Whistler PRO73 and let me tell you it has saved me so many times from speeding tickets including this morning infront of my school....

One question though....

If it detects a high signal for K/Ka band it'll beep once but will become silent after that (even though I have the Auto Quiet off)...

Also it doesn't detect construction zones/wet/slippery roads/bridges/train crossings/etc. as it says when you play the Demo.....

Any help would be appreciated :D

Michael B
05-11-2006, 08:05 AM
It sounds like you have the unit in Mute.
Mute will only give 1 beep then guiet
City will give you 2 beeps then quiet

Unplug your unit and plug it back in.
Use Highway mode unless you want to lower the X band
If you want the X band lowered, place the unit in City 1

As for the SWS information, you need to turn on the SWS feature.
This will allow the unit to respond accordingly when in the vacinity of an SWS transmitter

CarreraGtRacer
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
It sounds like you have the unit in Mute.
Mute will only give 1 beep then guiet
City will give you 2 beeps then quiet

Unplug your unit and plug it back in.
Use Highway mode unless you want to lower the X band
If you want the X band lowered, place the unit in City 1

This will allow the unit to respond accordingly when in the vacinity of an SWS transmitterHow would you turn that feature on? I believe it stays on the whole time...after some research the SWS Transmitters are only in 33 states and there are only about 200 of them so this feature wouldn't really do me any good :( Also what is SR (Safety Radar)?

asianfire
05-13-2006, 08:43 AM
This will allow the unit to respond accordingly when in the vacinity of an SWS transmitter

If there is any SWS in your area. I have never encountered it before.

asianfire
05-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Also what is SR (Safety Radar)?

It is the same thing as SWS. This was taken off of the Whistler's website.

"This relatively new radar is not for speed detection at all, it is used to keep you informed of highway safety. Transmitters are installed and programmed (for example: in emergency vehicles) to make you aware of possible situations that may require your attention, such as: ambulance vehicles that are moving or stationary, road hazards ahead, road construction delays or detours, etc. "

LuisM
05-15-2006, 08:11 PM

If there is any SWS in your area. I have never encountered it before.

yeah, same here... doesn't seem as though there are any SWS's around yet.. through time it may grow but from what it seems, it's not really active.. i do still have it on just in case I do come across one ;p

jimbonzzz
05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Best evidence is that there are only some 200 transmitters in use, spread across 33 states. The website has been down for some time now. Unless someone else picks up this technology and runs with it, I don't think we'll see it spreading too much.

asianfire
05-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Yeah that is too bad, it would be a great help to driver. They are always talking about road safety, well, here is a good way to increase it.