PDA

View Full Version : Do you use jiffy lube?

holein1
05-15-2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html#

stealthJamal
05-16-2006, 12:45 AM
damn, 5 out of 9 jiffy lubes ripped them off. Jiffy Lube is too expensive anyway. It's better to buy your own oil & oil filter take your car to a shop or do it yourself. I take mine to a shop because they only charge me $17 (tax and disposal fee included) to change my oil if I bring my own stuff and they will rotate my tires for free. It's worth $17 to me than doing that myself.

ZO6Vette
05-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Thats a good story. Thanks hole. I have been going to jiffy lube and I havent been cheated, but 5 out of 9 is not good and their district manager needs to be fired.

HighVoltage
05-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Fired? No, he needs to be arrested. To me thats no different than if someone broke into my home and stole the money. I do my own car work 9 times out of 10, but if I ever found out someone did this to me... :evil:

SmaartAasSaabr
05-16-2006, 10:01 AM
*BEEP*, 5 out of 9 jiffy lubes ripped them off. Jiffy Lube is too expensive anyway. It's better to buy your own oil & oil filter take your car to a shop or do it yourself. I take mine to a shop because they only charge me $17 (tax and disposal fee included) to change my oil if I bring my own stuff and they will rotate my tires for free. It's worth $17 to me than doing that myself.

Hey take a look and see if you can take off one of your lug nuts without breaking the tire iron :evil: I've had so many idiots just stick the impact wrench on there and "tataatattatatata" and torque the nuts to like 10 000 Nm. :evil: And I have the snapped tire irons to prove it (well 1 snapped one and one bent one)

ZO6Vette
05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Fired? No, he needs to be arrested.

Both at the same time. He was an asshole on video and a liar too.

thestaton
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I have been once. When my friend first bought his 93 RX-7 it was late on a friday and we didnt have the time to jack it up and do it ourselves so we went to Jiffy. Not only was it over priced, but they got OIL all over his floormats that for a 12 year old car looked bran new.

I was raising hell, when the guy said sorry we didnt do it!!! :shock:

amoney
05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Never go there! Always a rip off. My girlfreind at the time was adimant about getting a oil change done there for convienence and she did not care about the extra cost, I said fine, your money. They told her that they recommended to flush/change the rear differential gear fluid on her barely 2 year old F150.

I could not believe how easily they scam people that do not know better. And there air filters, OMG, what the hell, di they just go to the auto store and buy off the self there and then mark up the price, soo expensive it crazy.

I use a Honda dealership (not where I bought the car - I no longer trust) that I go to, oil change, $15 bucks, even my 6 cyclinder car, no extra charge for extra oil.

bauzer71487
05-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Ahh . .

The joy of dumb americans.

kcryan
05-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Around here we dont have "J"iffy lubes, we have Iffy lube, and no i dont use them

compu44
05-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Does anybody have the 1-stop amoco shops in their area? Any stories with them?

cell21633
05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
the only thing jiffy lube sees from me is used oil in detergent containers.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DogGod
05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
my uncle took his 300m to jiffylube for an oil change 20min later the car was up in flames, jiffy lube said it was his fault because he didnt get the new air filter they recomended and basically told him to go screw himself, the insurance company is looking into the cause right now. even before that i hated jiffy lube, i worked at a valvoline oil change place for a summer so thats where that got started. also my first car had the difs and transfercase serviced there before i got it after the road trip fro kansas to minnesota i took it back for an oil change and they checked the dif and transfer case and told me that i needed it to be done again, not even a month later, i explained that it was done recently then the manager had the nerve to tell me that it was because of my driving style, and literally kicked me out of their store. i will NEVER go to jiffy lube ever again, not even to pick someone up never never never.

g60_corrado_91
06-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Holy ****, that ****ing bull****. Sorry for my foul langauge. After watching the video and now reading your stories, I'm completely outraged. What has our corporate world come to? And no, I change my own oil and do most of the work myself. It does probably cost me more though to change it myself as the filters are around $10 bucks for VWs and the VR6 uses 6 quarts of oil, more than my dad's 5.7L V8 Suburban.

Gregor
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
VR6 uses 6 quarts of oil, more than my dad's 5.7L V8 Suburban.

I have a 92 Corrado VR6. It uses a cartridge style filter where the element sits behind a removable cap. I took it in to a fast lube place when I first bought it and they wouldn't service it. I loved the comment the tech made "Is this an imported model?" My answer, "Yes, all VWs not built in the US are imported, and yes this model was imported for the US market".

I've done all the changes except for a few done by the dealer and an independant shop.

I've heard plenty of stories about fast lube places not tightening drain bolts, etc that it really scares me off. A friend of mine was borrowing a car and took it to fast lube place as a thank you. About 50 miles down the road the engine siezed. The drain plug had fallen out, along with all the oil. The fast lube place (don't remember which one) was not willing to take any responsibility.

nvr2fast
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
This is why, if at all possible, I stay with the mechanic till/while they do it. If they say they'll do it at 4, i'll come back at 4 and watch. Or watch them do it on the spot.

Too many things can go on. Go for oil replacment, the don't totally flush the old oil out and just pour the new one in (and this goes for all the various oils in the car). Go for a brake pad/oil replcament, do they totally bleed all the brake lines fully?

Watch your car, if you are standing there, I doubt they can get away with much. In the video, they say they use the machine, you walk away, how can you know? You're standing there... they have no choice BUT to use the machine to clear your fuel/oil/whatever lines.

edweird
07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't use Jiffy Lube. I do it at home since I bought my house, and before I'd have it done at the dealership, or I'd do it at a friends gas station when the lift was free.

Ed