PDA

View Full Version : FORD CROWN VIC POLICE INTERCEPTOR

Radarboy12312
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok I am not a ford guy but a friend is trying to sell me a 2003 P71 for dirt cheap with low miles just how good are these cars [if at all? as I really don't like fords or know much about them]

If I do buy this car? I will want to mod it as much as I can so just how much can these cars be modded or for that matter just how hard is it to mod a newer P71? thanks.

raresvx
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Ok I am not a ford guy but a friend is trying to sell me a 2003 P71 for dirt cheap with low miles just how good are these cars [if at all? as I really don't like fords or know much about them]

If I do buy this car? I will want to mod it as much as I can so just how much can these cars be modded or for that matter just how hard is it to mod a newer P71? thanks.

I would rather have a 94-96 caprice 9c1 or a 98+ B4C camaro.

Synbios
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd get it. Just get a ton of antennas and make yourself look like a cop.

Radarboy12312
05-23-2006, 07:17 PM

I would rather have a 94-96 caprice 9c1 or a 97+ BC1 camaro.

I like the B4C Camaros myself

Radarboy12312
05-23-2006, 07:28 PM

I would rather have a 94-96 caprice 9c1 or a 97+ BC1 camaro.

I love the Lt1 mortor but I.m looking for something newer.

AirMoore
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Don't get rear-ended.

Radarboy12312
05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
I still need to know anything about this car and if I should buy it or not

For the record its a 2003 P71 with 77K miles for 7G

I know that since is a ex state car it has been beaten to death but I think if I had cash in hand he might even go down on the price money talks.

MerkXRTurbo
05-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I think that has the 4.6 modular V8, right? That's the same engine that the Mustangs have, so aftermarket parts should be pretty easy to find. 8)

Radarboy12312
05-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I think that has the 4.6 modular V8, right? That's the same engine that the Mustangs have, so aftermarket parts should be pretty easy to find. 8)

Ya its a 4.6 alright but I,m not sure if its the same mortor thats in the stang I think it is but not sure. I,m not a ford man but I have been told that some of these cars really hall a**

MerkXRTurbo
05-24-2006, 06:39 AM

Ya its a 4.6 alright but I,m not sure if its the same mortor thats in the stang I think it is but not sure. I,m not a ford man but I have been told that some of these cars really hall a**

I wouldn't call myself a Ford guy either, but from being around Ford guys I can state for a fact that it is the same engine as the Stang... if it's DOHC it's the Cobra engine.

AirMoore
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I still need to know anything about this car and if I should buy it or not.

Are they leaving the fire supession system in it (Normally they gut them of everything)? I had a talk with FUCCO on here awhile back, and he said they dont even have the (automatic) fix installed into any of the CV's yet.... but that it would be coming out soon.

Personally I would not be a huge fan of owning a CV just because the rear-end crash issues.

raresvx
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I still need to know anything about this car and if I should buy it or not

For the record its a 2003 P71 with 77K miles for 7G

I know that since is a ex state car it has been beaten to death but I think if I had cash in hand he might even go down on the price money talks.

Thats high priced. You can pick them up for half that at a auction.

If it was my 7k I would put it on a camaro.

SmaartAasSaabr
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
My CV sold for about 2 000 Canadian when it was 4 years old with approx 75 k miles straight at the auction (well tenders...).

Radarboy12312
06-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Are they leaving the fire supession system in it (Normally they gut them of everything)? I had a talk with FUCCO on here awhile back, and he said they dont even have the (automatic) fix installed into any of the CV's yet.... but that it would be coming out soon.

Personally I would not be a huge fan of owning a CV just because the rear-end crash issues.'

I am not sure but I will try to find out.

The guy thats trying to sell it to me said that its 100MPH real fast and thats what I am looking for.

raresvx
06-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Personally I would not be a huge fan of owning a CV just because the rear-end crash issues.'

I am not sure but I will try to find out.

The guy thats trying to sell it to me said that its 100MPH real fast and thats what I am looking for.

He hasnt driven a chevy cop car. Because he whouldnt be saying that. Even the ssp mustang is quicker.