PDA

View Full Version : turning off laser jammers

richardboy316
08-04-2006, 12:27 PM
in all the videos ive watched recently people turn off their jammers a few seconds after getting hit by the laser..is this just not to hear the annoying sound or did i miss some law that was put in to place about jamming lase signals

FR500C
08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
turning off your laser jammer after slowing down to the PSL helps maintain the illusion that LIDAR is undefeatable and undetectible.

if active laser jammers b/c as common as radar detecotrs, and if everybody choses to JTG everytime, then it's very likely that laws will be changed making active jamming illegal everywhere.

for this reason, it's preferable for the LEO to eventually get a reading of your speed so that he/she will most likely chalk up the first few seconds of not being able to obtain a reading as a fluke.

Hessen
08-04-2006, 03:30 PM
turning off your laser jammer after slowing down to the PSL helps maintain the illusion that LIDAR is undefeatable and undetectible.

if active laser jammers b/c as common as radar detecotrs, and if everybody choses to JTG everytime, then it's very likely that laws will be changed making active jamming illegal everywhere.

for this reason, it's preferable for the LEO to eventually get a reading of your speed so that he/she will most likely chalk up the first few seconds of not being able to obtain a reading as a fluke.

AGREED.................. :wink:

sethy
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
They turn the jammers off so the officer can obtain a speed reading, so you dont draw attension

radardan24
08-04-2006, 07:24 PM
no more multiple rune no matter how much i like the rush. i can put in recieve only mode to see which jammer gets hit first? i just will make sure i disarm once the speedlimit is reached and/or not go through traps more than once attracting attention-i definatly dont want jammers to be bannewd where i live. d

nitro
08-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a question on this topic... Say a STALkER lasers you and the the E04 code displays on their gun showing that they are being jammed. Does this give them a right to pull you over? Furhtermore i live in the great state of texas so laws are different from state to state. But what is the legality of jamming the stalker and getting the E04 code. Will they pull me over, and can they issue a citation or fine for jamming them?

jimbonzzz
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I have a question on this topic... Say a STALkER lasers you and the the E04 code displays on their gun showing that they are being jammed. Does this give them a right to pull you over? Furhtermore i live in the great state of texas so laws are different from state to state. But what is the legality of jamming the stalker and getting the E04 code. Will they pull me over, and can they issue a citation or fine for jamming them?

In states where laser jammers are illegal, causing a jam code is more of an issue. It could potentially give the officer reasonable suspicion to pull you over, or at least take a second look at you and try to find a reason to pull you over. Here's a list of states where laser jammers are illegal:

http://www.guysoflidar.com/faq.html#3

In states where jammers are legal, causing a jam code isn't as much of an issue and you are a bit safer. Although if someone were to push the issue, it is possible that some cop somewhere would go out on a limb and try to get you for "obstruction of justice" or something similar.

With your specific example of the Stalker, an E04 jam code is very common, even on vehicles that are not using a laser jammer. So it might be likely that an officer wouldn't be suspicious at all.

The LTI guns throw and E07 to indicate jamming, but GOL has never had a E07 come up on any LTI gun against any of the jammers we tested. The only jammers that would throw this code are the old brute force laser jammers like the Lidatek LE-10/Target LE-850.

The PLIII doesn't utilize Jam codes. We haven't tested the new jam code feature of the Laser Atlantas.

Jim

nitro
08-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I didnt see Texas on there so I am good =). Well, hell if it is going to be legal in any of the states your almost guranteed Texas will be on there.

jws3
08-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I have to agree with Lidatek-don't want to attract too much attention by constant JTGs, lest really oppressive laws start to follow..... :x

richardboy316
08-05-2006, 09:54 PM
is there an average time on how long of jamming before the gun displays e04

Arashi666
08-06-2006, 02:57 AM
I didnt see Texas on there so I am good =). Well, hell if it is going to be legal in any of the states your almost guranteed Texas will be on there.

Texas law is SOOOOOOOO lax its not even funny, Texas law was made almost to be broken, sure you can say that about ANY law, but in Texas theyre sooooo stupid its almost funny, if it wasnt so ridiculous