PDA

View Full Version : temperature

Radar Roy
01-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Bob, received this question tonight, thought that you could be best to answer. Don't know if you are on the road yet, but here it is:

What is the temperature range for applying Veil?

Veil Guy
01-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Basically,

On the cold side:

Veil should not be applied when temperatures approach the freezing mark.

We recommend that one avoids applying Veil when temperatures drop below 48F/9C.

Veil needs enough warmth to dry and set-up correctly. If it goes on too cold, the coating may crack (like frozen water) and not adhere well.

On the hot side:

Although you can apply Veil in extreme termperatures with low humidity, it is not recommend. Treat Veil like you would a car wax - best applied when not in direct sun-light and when temperature's don't exceed 80F/27C.

It is also important to note that Veil should be applied at least 24 hours prior to any precipitation/moisture so that the coating will dry to a durable weather resistant film.

Of course, once Veil dries in can be subjected to all kinds of bad/cold weather...

The Veil Guy 8)

Radar Roy
01-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks, you better get going to make CES

happya$$
01-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Ohio has some of the most tenacious temperature changes and the Veil works fine. Just make sure that you use a blow drier if you are going to apply it in the cold. I applied the Veil on my headlights waited about two minutes then used the blow drier on each headlight for about 10 minutes per headlight (had my blow dryer on high)

Veil Guy
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Steve,

Did this procedure work out for you?