PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte, NC and Laser

Orbital75
09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Personally I've never been hit with laser in Charlotte but have been told we have 3 Pro Laser III units. Can anyone from Charlotte Verify that we do have laser.... Thanks guys.

asianfire
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I have never seen laser in the state of NC, but I wouldn't be surprised that a big city such as Charlotte would have laser.

Ka sucks just as much! Got hit with instant on in NC. That is why I love VA, they almost always have constant on, a lot easier to detect.

Orbital75
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, Instant KA is a huge threat here. The Leo's here in Charlotte use all bands but mostly K and KA. They do still use X but I havn't seen it as much the past few months. Instant On is the biggest threat both K and KA. They love Instant on KA and use it often. Constant On is used as well but they have pretty much switched over to Instant as their main speed enforcement tatic. I've never seen laser but I am dying to find out if we have it.

Braveheart
09-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I can't recall laser in NC. But I did get it once in southwestern VA near the NC border. That instant on Ka really turns my stomach.... I saw a HP pull someone this morning, probably instant on.

Orbital75
09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I can't recall laser in NC. But I did get it once in southwestern VA near the NC border. That instant on Ka really turns my stomach.... I saw a HP pull someone this morning, probably instant on.

Since it was a State Trooper, I would say it was Instant On KA. The Troopers here in NC all use KA. You will see some with K but chances are he's going to be using KA. Not only will they instant on you, they'll either hit you from an exit ramp or Hide under a bridge and nail you with their rear antenna. After they get a reading, here they come to get you and their already pointed in the same direction so they don't have to turn around or call ahead for a chase car.

Orbital75
09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone from the Charlotte, NC know if we have Laser here. I have read the list that's states we do but has anyone been hit by it.... Thank you.

Beyond
10-04-2006, 05:12 PM
We have several lasers in my small hometown (Lenoir). I have been lasered before, and how they had the trap set up really surprised me.

One cop stood under a bridge with the shadows hiding between the bridge's columns, lasering cars coming down a hill. Around the curve, he had a cop waiting in a parking lot.

Braveheart
10-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Ive gotten all bands with Troopers here. X is big for Troopers in the rural areas. I asked a HP and he said that they dont have Laser Guns, they just spent alot of money upgrading to KA instant.

mrurbina
10-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone from the Charlotte, NC know if we have Laser here. I have read the list that's states we do but has anyone been hit by it.... Thank you.

Yes we do!...atleast we did during the time the "speed safety " program was in effect.(i was painted 3 times!) ,since they retired the program,i would guess they use it ..seldomly.