PDA

View Full Version : back/front picture?

jackenloper
05-29-2005, 07:54 AM
I could not find this info by searching the net so i decided to ask if you guys know it.

Do the photo radar vans take your pictures from the front or the back? or both...

I really want a redlight superprotector plate , but they are so damn obvious to cops.

I just want to put it on my front plate. Would that still save me front the cameras, or am i still screwed?

Also, redlight cameras, do they take pics from front and back too?

Thank you.

JTW
05-29-2005, 07:56 AM
I could not find this info by searching the net so i decided to ask if you guys know it.

Do the photo radar vans take your pictures from the front or the back? or both...

I really want a redlight superprotector plate , but they are so *BEEP* obvious to cops.

I just want to put it on my front plate. Would that still save me front the cameras, or am i still screwed?

Also, redlight cameras, do they take pics from front and back too?

Thank you.

Photo radar tickets often show the front and back plate. In Oregon they take a picture of the front to identify the driver and a picture of the back for the plate. You're going to need to put a super P on both plates :cry:

jackenloper
05-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Wow..
Thanks Chris for the quickest response i have ever seen :D

I guess i will have to put them on the front and the back then...

Actually... I know red light cameras do not give points on your license, but photo radar cameras give points on the license?

I have a bel 980, mounted just below my rear view mirror... i have only passed by a white marked photo radar van once, and i remember my detector did not go off at all... I was in the right lane, and he was right next to me.

maybe he was not set up to shoot radar yet at that time? or my detector did not pick up....ahhh

compu44
05-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow..
Thanks Chris for the quickest response i have ever seen :D

I guess i will have to put them on the front and the back then...

Actually... I know red light cameras do not give points on your license, but photo radar cameras give points on the license?

I have a bel 980, mounted just below my rear view mirror... i have only passed by a white marked photo radar van once, and i remember my detector did not go off at all... I was in the right lane, and he was right next to me.

maybe he was not set up to shoot radar yet at that time? or my detector did not pick up....ahhh

Check and make sure that your detector doesn't have "AccuSweep" enabled in the settings. That could cause it to miss some Ka alerts.

jackenloper
05-29-2005, 01:30 PM
will do. Thanks compu44

nvr2fast
05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
If the photo radar is Multanova (most common) it uses the 34.3Ghz KA band. Some other photo radar systems also use 34.3. I am not sure why so many photo radar systems choose to use this particular frequency, although Jimbonzzz said that it might be because 34.3 is particularly hard to detect for the detector, something about X multiple or something.

Of course, it would be nice if SML tested 34.3 since it is such a "hard" frequency to test and all that, but as usual, SML will pretend photo radar does not exist (as with all other years), so you'll never know which detector is best at picking up photo radar (although I have done testing of the V1, RX65, and X50, and the X50 came out on top, but I haven't tested the newest EUR V1 so not sure if it works better).

jackenloper
05-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Yea... It would be a nice addition to their tests.
Thanks for the info nvr2fast. I never knew that.