PDA

View Full Version : Applying Veil

JettaGLI
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Finally no rain for the next few days! I'm going to Veil my car tonight and was looking for any last minute suggestions. Here's the plan:

Shake it up and let it sit for 5 or 10
Tape off bumper/everything else
Clean the lights.
Apply.

I also bought a foam brush thats like the one supplied, but wider.

I would think foam is better than the regular brush, and suggestions?

-Bill

happya$$
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Foam is MUCH better than a brush. Trust me. After 6 applications I finally learned that foam is better. Pretty much do everything you have planned and you will be fine

robert
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
definitely the foam. here's a thread about applying VEIL:

http://www.radardetector.net/Applying-VEIL%3A--For-first-timers-1446t.php

crazyVOLVOrob
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I use the brush on my licence plate and foam on the lights

JettaGLI
06-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Well I got it on. Used a bigger foam brush. It looks ok, I might re-do the driver's side light. It went on a little thicker than the other light and streaked some.

I did the reflective plastic vw emblem in the middle too. that came out pretty good and you can't notice it unless you're three feet away.

Now all I need is a jammer and I should be ok. :?

I'll try and post some pics.

-Bill

rdalcanto
06-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Would love to see pictures of the emblem. The front of my Volvo has some chrome (or chrome like finish) that I would have to coat with Veil. I don't want it to make the new car look like sh$t though....

Thanks,
Rick

JettaGLI
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Would love to see pictures of the emblem. The front of my Volvo has some chrome (or chrome like finish) that I would have to coat with Veil. I don't want it to make the new car look like sh$t though....

Thanks,
Rick

I'll grab a digi cam as soon as I can. The emblem looks great though. It's a bit streaky up close, but overall its not even close to as noticable as the lights. Being front center I think it is needed. I don't have a front plate yet, so it is the only thing there to be caught by a laser.

-Bill

crazyVOLVOrob
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Thanks,
RickSwitch the grill out for a sport mesh grill i have a silver one with VEIL treatment...You can buy in silver or black...Gives the car a better look in my opinion
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/567000-567999/567917_158_full.jpg
before i treated my car and the grill with VEIL
More pics (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567917)

JettaGLI
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I would do this but on the VW there is a cutout spot in the hood where the vw circle comes up, and a grille without this looks like **** unless I get a new hood :(

I may have to get something though, because I won't have space for Blinders in there.

-Bill