PDA

View Full Version : Radar Screamer

stephenj
11-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Has any one installed a Screamer on a sports bike? I have given up on head phones or ear plugs. even though my helmet (full face) has two indented holes, nothing seems to work. I have a Shoe RF 1000 and it's pretty tight which I like. I recently installed some really small helmet speakers, however my ears starting burning and felt crushed right after I put the helmet on.

I have been reading through the forums and did see others with similar problem. I am looking for any one with sport bikes who did install a screamer and to answer the following. For example I have an 05 CBR 1000RR
1. does it fit on the bars, if so, how? there seems to be no room as it is now.

2. Hooking to the electrical system? when I took my seat off, all I saw was two or three thick wires, do I splice into that?

3. Is the screamer compatible with the RX65? I am seeing conflicting statements.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

spankyaf
11-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Ive got the same helmet and have had some success with the the Sony Ex71 ear buds. Others swear by the Etymonic Er6is.

I believe the screamer is pretty universal across Rds but since I live in Ontario its not an option. I would think you would still have problems hearing it with the RF1000 at speed.

stephenj
11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info, i thought no one would ever reply...

spankyaf
11-18-2006, 05:19 PM
There's a small but avid rider group

RadarRick
11-18-2006, 11:52 PM
There's a small but avid rider group

Yeah, agree totally :(
RR

RacerX
11-19-2006, 09:25 AM
yeah, i've never used it, so i was kinda waiting to see if someone else has before i posted anything.

I'm not sure if i want something screaming at me and the cops as i ride by, especially if i'm getting lasered and jamming them.

i use these and they work very well.
i can actually use automute now .

They are "Motorcycle helmet speakers" i got on ebay.

can't post the dealer or a link though, due to forum rules, but i'm sure they won't be that hard to find. :)

http://donspc.com/Forum/ep1.jpg

stephenj
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey racerx, thanks for commenting. I actually have the exact helmet speakers. I put them in my helmet and the right ear felt crushed. however, after making miner adjustments it was not that bad. I still have some tightness on one ear. I may just cut one of the speakers and use the one since the Bel RX Pro 65 is mono and not stereo. I also would never ride listening to music. this may give me more room for my big head.

RacerX
11-19-2006, 09:30 PM
:D yeah, sometimes the full face are pretty tight. i use this with an open face type.

also i should add that i got a mono to stereo adapter from radio shack.
this gives volume in both, that's probably what helps with the extra loudness.

just a thought, but maybe you can pull the speaker out of the one, and make a small slit inside the helmet pad and stuff it in.

you may not want to cut into the padding which is understandable, just throwing out ideas. :)

good luck either way.

ES13Raven
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
i use these and they work very well.
i can actually use automute now. They are "Motorcycle helmet speakers" i got on ebay.
Did you get the ones with the built-in volume control?

bushpilot
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM
its my experiance that headphones wont work...they
wind up burning/hurting.

some years ago i bought an autocom intercom system,
baer is another one now too...helmet speakers are the
ONLY way to go...hiding in the foam and use an amp
to increase the volume.

i use the remote audio adapter w/ my valentine one...
i feed the audio into the autocom & then adjust the volume
w/ the valentine one audio adapter.

I almost ALWAYS ride w/ ear plugs in, and i can turn the
volume up PLENTY...i can still hear the radar detector (in
my helmet) even when i wear ear plugs.