PDA

View Full Version : Can you see the laser using Fog or smoke

outrun
06-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I was thinking of something the other day. I know everyone says that the diamater of the laser is different depending on feet. I know that is true but I would like to show a video on it.

Lets say I created a room full of Fog using a fog machine and then just shot the laser through the fog would it be visible?

Now lets assume that it is. Well then I would get a reasonable distance from my truck ( 300 - 500ft )or whatever and create a controlled fog area and shoot the laser showing what it looks like.

Jason OUTRUN

outrun
06-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I just realized I posted this in the jammer forum so if someone wants to move it.

It's been a long day!

Jason

CLTX11
06-12-2005, 02:02 AM
the fog would have to be pretty much consistantly even throughout the room. How do you plan on shooting fog in a room that is 500 ft. long?

CLTX11
06-12-2005, 02:05 AM
come to think of it. What about shooting it in "night mode" at the wall? You would have to have the camera on the wall in night mode and stand so far back. It is hard to believe that the laser is 18 inches wide at 1000 ft? Cant remember but it seems like it would stay pretty narrow. I have never used one and not claiming to have even used one.....just stating my opinions.

JTW
06-12-2005, 06:00 AM
come to think of it. What about shooting it in "night mode" at the wall? You would have to have the camera on the wall in night mode and stand so far back. It is hard to believe that the laser is 18 inches wide at 1000 ft? Cant remember but it seems like it would stay pretty narrow. I have never used one and not claiming to have even used one.....just stating my opinions.

http://www.laserjammer.citymax.com/i//jtw_sml_test_2_7_.jpg

It's 18" at 500' and 36" at 1000'.

Chris

outrun
06-12-2005, 07:40 AM
I really like that pic. That is what I was wanting to do but using fog. But really that pics shows it all.

Jason

T-T
06-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Lets say I created a room full of Fog using a fog machine and then just shot the laser through the fog would it be visible?
Jason OUTRUN

The wavelength of speed-lasers are usually at 904nanometer. It is infrared and I think that with some fog it will remain invisible. You must have an infrared camera if you'd like to see that.

outrun
06-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I don't have an infared camera. I almost bought one last year. Well never mind with the idea. I like the picture that Chris posted.

Jason