PDA

View Full Version : Blinder 1 Illinois State police 0

Rottman
06-21-2005, 07:34 AM
I was driving back from chicago yesterday and was in central illinois about 20 miles south of Lasalle/peru area (first place I was lasered) when I saw a ISP officer sitting in the meidan. I thought that's odd, I got no warning on my V1. Then it happend.......LASER ALERT!! :shock:

About 2-3 seconds later the blinder kicks on. I drove with it jamming for about 5-8 seconds wanting to see how it worked. THe officer kept shooting me. I slowed down and reluctantly and I do mean reluctantley (wanted to see if it would jam to the gun) shut it down. The officer gave me one hell of a look as I drove by him. :twisted: I was going 65 now down from 85 when I passed him he shot me from behind.

Can't remember the time I felt like such a little kid on Xmas day. :D Time to order a plate and some veil from Roy.

Also waiting for results from his new test. Want to add 2 more heads on my jammer. That will be 4 on the front of a mustang. :twisted:

brick
06-21-2005, 07:54 AM
I doubt you need 4 heads on the front of a mustang. Why not place the other two on the back? Then he'll know his gun is broken. :lol:

Rottman
06-21-2005, 08:43 AM
:lol: They mounted the heads directly under the plate area. If the rule of 18" is right then the headlights are covered. I guess I should use some veil too. The car is lowered so there is not a whole lot of area to cover. Just love the look on that trooper's face. Blinder off Ebay....$250. Installation.....$30. Look on the trooper's face.....PRICELESS...... :twisted:

kpatz
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
I just thought of something. I wonder if having a Blinder also benefits those around you. If the officer has trouble locking in your speed and keeps pointing the gun at your car, he might miss the opportunity to "zap" some of the cars around you as well.

Of course that depends on the operator's strategy. Does he stay on a car until he gets a reading or does he give up after 3-5 seconds and move to the next car?

Rottman
06-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Funny you should say that. Because when he couldn't get a speed on me I saw him aim at someone else. They he hit me from behind when I passed him. Got rear laser alert on V1.

kpatz
06-21-2005, 09:14 AM
They he hit me from behind when I passed him. Got rear laser alert on V1.I guess that reaffirms Brick's suggestion to put your other two Blinder heads on the back. Plus plenty of Veil. From what I've read it's easier to get a laser reading in a rear shot. Of course, if you have your eyes open you would have slowed down by then. ;)

Rottman
06-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I actually saw him a few seconds before the first alert. I always watch the u-turn medians where ISP alwasys sit. Where would you mount the blinders in the back? Would you get laser plates from Roy also?

kpatz
06-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I actually saw him a few seconds before the first alert. I always watch the u-turn medians where ISP alwasys sit.That's the best way to root out laser traps. Since laser requires line of sight, they can't really hide, and due to laser's nature, oftentimes you'll see the trooper or cruiser with your l-EYE-dar ;) before he zaps you. Of course you'd only have a second to slow down while he aims the lidar unit at your car.
Where would you mount the blinders in the back? Would you get laser plates from Roy also?I'd probably put them near the plate or between the plate and taillights. And yes, I'd get a Laser Shield. If/when I decide to apply laser countermeasures to my car, I'll probably do the Laser Shield and Veil initially. And if laser really takes off around here, then go with a Blinder.

Rottman
06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Funny you should mention seeing him first. That's partially why I noticed him. He was parked so I could see his whole car. I honestly thought "What the hell is he parked like that for? Is he stuck?" Would have waived if he was. :lol:

vilhelm
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Were you going over the speed limit when the blinder blocked the laser the first time around?

Thanks,
Vilhelm

Rottman
06-23-2005, 07:44 AM
I was running 85 in a 65. I started to slow before anything because I watch the medians for troopers. I was going over but to be honest not sure what mph I was at when he shot me. I was to concerned wondering why he was parked the way he was. Now i know..... :lol: