PDA

View Full Version : when the v1 alerts to ku band what does it do!

laserblaster
06-30-2005, 04:53 PM
i'm sure some of the gatsos have ku band radars in them near me, but the detector i have at the moment only has an x band and a single led for k ku ka also the k ku ka are funny sounds as they go from a slightly higher noise to a lower one but its hard to tell the difference sometimes..

what does the v1 do when it recieves a ku band alert!

i guess lights the k band up...but it could also light the led in the bogey counter!

i have a feeling that some do have ku band radars in them as mini gatsos have ku band and technicly its the same radar except its ku not k!
although it could run on k or ku!
i think they have done this because mini gatsos arent really used much in the uk they are in some aeras and most recomend to reduce false alerts just use k band!
this could also be the reason why it gives not much warning if any sometimes before the camera!

kpatz
06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I think it lights up the decimal point in the bogey counter (think of this as the "band indicator" for Ku), and it makes the same sound as K band.

Someone suggested that a future update change the Ku sound to a double-beep, much like the double-brap for Ka. Sounds like a good idea to me, especially if Ku becomes more common.

sethy
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I think it lights up the decimal point in the bogey counter (think of this as the "band indicator" for Ku), and it makes the same sound as K band.

You're right on the money

laserblaster
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
thanks for the info...