PDA

View Full Version : LPP vs ultralyte 200LR

Asleeper
05-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Stealthjamal and I decided to take advantage of the nice weather we've been having lately to get some runs in on my LPP. I'm not going to post a pic of my vehicle, but this one is very similar in shape/configuration to mine. The heads are mounted in the same location and I am running a front tag.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/asleeper_2006/photo_5.jpg

After a few base runs, we started shooting from appx. 1200ft

Stealthjamal shooting
run #1: license plate-JTG
run #2: right hl-PT@appx. 50-60ft, upper corner
run #3: left hl-PT@appx. 50-60ft, upper corner

me shooting
run #1 license plate-JTG
run #2 right hl-PT@appx 40 ft, upper corner
run #3 left hl-JTG

Then we went for the long range test, about 2000ft out. Each of us took two turns shooting targeting headlights, front plate.....wherever we could get a reading.

Results were the same as the previous runs, low PT's in the 50-60ft range at a sharp angle. On the last run I found a ledge to sit on. Even with being able to hold the gun perfectly still I was only able to manage a PT@78ft.

All said and done, I'm quite satisfied with the results.

stealthJamal
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
The results were good and consistent as one would expect with a high end laser jammer on a passenger car.

Eloi
05-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Could you check my idea : placing the jammer facing toward the headlight.

Since the reflection is intensified, I would be curious to see the results .

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4301/reverseir0.jpg

Unless someone tried this before ?

stealthJamal
05-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I think Asleeper forget to include I got the same PT at 50 feet on the license plate too on most runs. 50 feet is nothing it's almost like JTG because aiming a laser gun at 50 feet while the car is driving towards you is an extreme angle because of how close the car is to your position. The closer the car, the more extreme of angle when targetting unless you are standing directly in front of the car. I was standing on the side of the road. To me 50 feet = JTG.

Asleeper's setup is excellent, I wouldn't move anything.

MetalFlame
05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Could you check my idea : placing the jammer facing toward the headlight.

Since the reflection is intensified, I would be curious to see the results .

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4301/reverseir0.jpg

Unless someone tried this before ?

Belive me,that is not good idea!Reflection has LESS power than original source(LJ head pointing straight ahead)!

Asleeper
05-21-2007, 07:55 AM
I think Asleeper forget to include I got the same PT at 50 feet on the license plate too on most runs. 50 feet is nothing it's almost like JTG because aiming a laser gun at 50 feet while the car is driving towards you is an extreme angle because of how close the car is to your position. The closer the car, the more extreme of angle when targetting unless you are standing directly in front of the car. I was standing on the side of the road. To me 50 feet = JTG.

After the 6th run or so, I lost count of the low PT's :D . I agree with stealthJamal about the PT's all being consistant <80ft. IMO, consistancy is the most important feature in a jammer.

ELVATO
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM

After the 6th run or so, I lost count of the low PT's :D . I agree with stealthJamal about the PT's all being consistant <80ft. IMO, consistancy is the most important feature in a jammer.

Unless it's consistently bad :)

Asleeper
05-21-2007, 11:48 AM

Unless it's consistently bad :)

Very true, fortunately in my case they consistently good.

Eloi
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Belive me,that is not good idea!Reflection has LESS power than original source(LJ head pointing straight ahead)!

I do 8) blindly :wink: