PDA

View Full Version : LE30 or M20 Extreme?

kap1027
07-05-2005, 08:24 PM
so i hear that the LE30 is a great jammer, and that it only needs one jammer on the front of a car to work effectively. i just dont know very much about it. on the other hand, i know that blinders work well, but id like the ease of just one jammer head.... any input?

CLTX11
07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
wait til it gets tested by happya$$ on the 16th

sethy
07-05-2005, 11:29 PM
You know, I have thought about this long and hard. At first I would have recommended the lidatek, due to the fact it jams so well and effective, but then when I started to think about it, its a toss up.

I am going to have to say get the blinder. During the SML tests, the lidatek produced jamming codes the second we pulled the trigger. Although I do believe the lidatek to be more effective at jamming at all distances, the blinder if positioned correctly will provide you with awsome coverage.

This isn't a big deal now, but in a few months or maybe years when they are all illegal, a jamming code will get you in some deep sh*t. The blinder will produce jamming codes (at least on a stalker) but not until you have hit the target for at least 5 or 10 seconds.

We will be sure to be testing this on the 16th.

JTW
07-06-2005, 12:22 AM
You know, I have thought about this long and hard. At first I would have recommended the lidatek, due to the fact it jams so well and effective, but then when I started to think about it, its a toss up.

I am going to have to say get the blinder. During the SML tests, the lidatek produced jamming codes the second we pulled the trigger. Although I do believe the lidatek to be more effective at jamming at all distances, the blinder if positioned correctly will provide you with awsome coverage.

This isn't a big deal now, but in a few months or maybe years when they are all illegal, a jamming code will get you in some deep sh*t. The blinder will produce jamming codes (at least on a stalker) but not until you have hit the target for at least 5 or 10 seconds.

In my experience with the Blinder an E04 jamming code happens right away.

I say get a Lidatek instead of a blinder because the Lidatek is much more powerful, easier to install, and you don't need a laser gun to figure out where the optimal spot is. The blinder had multiple punch throughs on different cars and at different distances. Unless you have a laser gun how do you know if your blinder transponders are in an optimal position? With a lidatek you just put the unit center mass and you're covered.

Just wait and watch the videos coming out. I think Lidatek is going to blow your mind on the tests compared to the blinder.

JTW
07-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Here is something else to think about. Antilaser and Lidatek use laser diodes. Blinder, ZR3, and the 905/904 Laser Pro use LED's. Laser diodes are much more powerful. How powerful?

The transmitting power of a Laser diode is up to 100W! That's more than 100 Leds for 1 laser diode! So you cant find any issues there.

This means that one LE-30 or one Antilaser AL6 is as powerful as 12 blinder transponders put together, or (6) Blinder m20's! Another way to look at it is one Blinder M20 set up produces 16% of the light a single laser diode will produce.

Looking at these numbers I can see why a lidatek produces "jam to gun" easier then a blinder.

From my understanding a Blinder will set off more European jamming codes then a Lidatek.

JTW

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 06:58 AM
I hopefully will also receive a LE-30 shortly to do some testing.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 07:07 AM
I will say this that I have yet to receive a LIDAR ticket using the Blinder. My wife has yet to receive LIDAR ticket while using the Blinder and she travels 90mph on 65mph highway. I will be honest though and tell you that since the testing was done on my Civic (5/29/05) I no longer speed on this particular vehicle. I do not have the confidence on the Blinder on THIS VEHICLE ONLY. I still fly on the SUV though even though it does have about a 200' punchthrough weakness which is fine for my wife since she drives on the Turnpike and they dont nail you around corners :twisted: With this being said I hope that the AL6 or the Lidatek LE30 can give me what I need. I want a jammer that will give me JTG (my definition is 0' punchthrough) in case I turned that corner and they zapped me (which LEO's do around here on I480). I will save my preferences till after 7/16. I am sure the numbers will speak loud and clear..........I HOPE :?

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 08:48 AM
90mph

;-) That ius my normal speed here on the highways as well ;-) but sometimes

http://flitsservice.com/test/lekkerhard.jpg

JettaGLI
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
90mph

:lol:

My VR6 6-speed loooves doing that

:D :D :D

sethy
07-06-2005, 09:37 AM
90mph

You're out of windshield wiping fluid....

happya$$
07-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Keep in mind Seth that by the time these things become illegal we will have a whole new selection to choose from from various companies. What would be your choice RIGHT NOW, TODAY?

sethy
07-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Well I will be torn, because one detects stealth and the other doesnt, but I have heard rumors they they are now shipping it with stealth modifications.

Put it this way, I have the opportunity to sell my blinder and buy a lidatek, but I havnt. The thought of having a lidatek will turn everything around for me.

Instead of having the thought about punchtrhoughs, I will be having the thought about jamming codes. I mean I would be enjoying the lidatek NOW, but my mind will be thinking "in the next few years I have to be getting another unit" since this one has the jamming codes.

Its different for me then most of you other guys with the huge headlights, I already have JTG on plate and an acceptable punchthrough on the headlight.

Steve if I were you, I would have gotten the lidatek as well, the punchthrough on your headlight was ugly!

happya$$
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Excellent points Seth. Yeah it is my Civic that bothered the crap out of me. The results were completely unacceptable!

Well I will be torn, because one detects stealth and the other doesnt, but I have heard rumors they they are now shipping it with stealth modifications.

Put it this way, I have the opportunity to sell my blinder and buy a lidatek, but I havnt. The thought of having a lidatek will turn everything around for me.

Instead of having the thought about punchtrhoughs, I will be having the thought about jamming codes. I mean I would be enjoying the lidatek NOW, but my mind will be thinking "in the next few years I have to be getting another unit" since this one has the jamming codes.

Its different for me then most of you other guys with the huge headlights, I already have JTG on plate and an acceptable punchthrough on the headlight.

Steve if I were you, I would have gotten the lidatek as well, the punchthrough on your headlight was ugly!

JTW
07-06-2005, 10:29 AM

Where are you getting this jamming code information sethy? You make it sound as if the Lidatek produces more codes, but I have heard the complete oposite.

On SML preliminary testing what laser guns came up with jamming codes(any distance over 300 feet) on the Blinder and Lidatek? I thought the Blinder produced jamming codes on Stalker, Reigel, and Laser Patrol. With Lidatek I heard it produces a jamming code on just the stalker.

The manufacturer of Lidatek is also in our home country, so it's easier to upgrade the jammer. With Blinder you have to send the darn unit out of the country.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 10:35 AM
JTW I will I agree that Lidatek is in the USA which means jobs stay here and support for domestic companies is GREAT but I can tell you from first hand experience Leon will take care of you here in the USA. Not once did I have to send my units to Denmark. As far as the jamming codes dilema I was under the same understanding as you and that is that the Lidatek produced less jamming codes.

JTW
07-06-2005, 10:38 AM
JTW I will I agree that Lidatek is in the USA which means jobs stay here and support for domestic companies is GREAT but I can tell you from first hand experience Leon will take care of you here in the USA. Not once did I have to send my units to Denmark.

Yeah, you send it to Leon and he sends it out of the country.

Did you know a brand new laser gun is hitting the market pretty soon...like within 4 months! I won't tell you anymore about the gun, but we'll see how Torben handles thousands of lidar jammer upgrades.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 10:45 AM
JTW I will I agree that Lidatek is in the USA which means jobs stay here and support for domestic companies is GREAT but I can tell you from first hand experience Leon will take care of you here in the USA. Not once did I have to send my units to Denmark.

Did you know a brand new laser gun is hitting the market pretty soon...like within 4 months! I won't tell you anymore about the gun, but we'll see how Torben handles thousands of lidar jammer upgrades.

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I just bought my freaking Lidatek. It cant be............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

JTW
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I just bought my freaking Lidatek. It cant be............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Andy will upgrade your lidatek in a few days after he gets the new gun. Don't worry about it.

kap1027
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
well.... jersey JUST got laser guns, LTI 20/20's and the Ultralyte as i have heard.... so i doubt they'll splurge on another unit for awhile (x-band is STILL the only radar threat from staties here).

i also hear the Ultralyte is tough to jam. is the lidatek more effective at jamming this gun?

couple more questions.... is roy gonna have the LE30? and for how much?

JTW
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
well.... jersey JUST got laser guns, LTI 20/20's and the Ultralyte as i have heard.... so i doubt they'll splurge on another unit for awhile (x-band is STILL the only radar threat from staties here).

i also hear the Ultralyte is tough to jam. is the lidatek more effective at jamming this gun?

Roy will carry the LE-30 very soon. I would wait till the stealth mode upgrade comes out in less then a month.

Chris

kap1027
07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
i need not worry about stealth, but maybe i'll wait..... any idea on price? if its alot more than a blinder im probably gonna stick with the M20.....

crazyVOLVOrob
07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
i need not worry about stealth, but maybe i'll wait..... any idea on price? if its alot more than a blinder im probably gonna stick with the M20.....Well we will know the exact results of the single jammer head of the LE30 on a small car after the test is done by Steve.

I can only assume that for $50 extra, if you pay MSP($399 at MSP), you get 0' punch through unlike the Blinder which will need Laser Sheild an VEIL to get a sub 150' ft punch through. Add the cost of VEIL($90) and Laser Sheild($20) you are now paying $460 in hopes for a sub 150' punch through. Don't forget the installation cost....It all comes down too if you want a LED jammer or a Laser Diode jammer take your pick.

Wait till the testing is finished and see the video results and then make your decsion.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
i need not worry about stealth, but maybe i'll wait..... any idea on price? if its alot more than a blinder im probably gonna stick with the M20.....Well we will know the exact results of the single jammer head of the LE30 on a small car after the test is done by Steve.

I can only assume that for $50 extra, if you pay MSP, you get 0' punch through unlike the blinder which will need Laser Sheild an VEIL to get a sub 150' ft punch through.

Wait till the testing is finished and see the video results.

I am curious to see how ONE Laser Diode transponder performs on my Civic and on Outrun's truck. I cant wait until 7/16

sethy
07-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Where are you getting this jamming code information sethy? You make it sound as if the Lidatek produces more codes, but I have heard the complete oposite.

On SML preliminary testing what laser guns came up with jamming codes(any distance over 300 feet) on the Blinder and Lidatek? I thought the Blinder produced jamming codes on Stalker, Reigel, and Laser Patrol. With Lidatek I heard it produces a jamming code on just the stalker.

The manufacturer of Lidatek is also in our home country, so it's easier to upgrade the jammer. With Blinder you have to send the darn unit out of the country.

Where an I getting this info? First hand experiance. I believe that the lidatek was produced for europe, and they have not touched jamming codes for U.S guns. The blinder did not display jamming codes on the reigl, and I am not sure about the other one. I know it did on the stalker, but that was after a couple of seconds of hitting it.

The lidatek, the second they pulled the trigger produced a jamming code.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-06-2005, 12:52 PM

I can only assume that for $50 extra, if you pay MSP, you get 0' punch through unlike the blinder which will need Laser Sheild an VEIL to get a sub 150' ft punch through.

Wait till the testing is finished and see the video results.

I am curious to see how ONE Laser Diode transponder performs on my Civic and on Outrun's truck. I cant wait until 7/16Well for outrun's truck I'm thinking that he might need 2 heads due to the flat front end of his truck. And you Civic i bet you will be fine due to the sleekish front end, but those head lights are deadly

icemax
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Reliablilty issues with Lidatek-Well.we know a Laser diode is more powerful than leds-
I used both products, Lidatek le 30 and Blinder M20 on different vehicles but I find that the le30 is less reliable than the Blinder m20.If the laser diode goes the complete unit goes.For the Blinder if a led diode goes it still jams!!

Feedback?

happya$$
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Reliablilty issues with Lidatek-Well.we know a Laser diode is more powerful than leds-
I used both products, Lidatek le 30 and Blinder M20 on different vehicles but I find that the le30 is less reliable than the Blinder m20.If the laser diode goes the complete unit goes.For the Blinder if a led diode goes it still jams!!

Feedback?

I have a question for you. I believe you are the one that had his units fail like 4 times I think. Did you send these failed units back to Lidatek? What did they do about it?

happya$$
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Here is your quote

"Here are my thoughts and experiences with Lidatek:

No doubt, size is great on this unit but overall Lidatek’s units for me only performed well for a month and that was it. It had to be retired.

1) With the initial production of the LE30 the 5 units I received, 4 burnt out within a week.
2) In bad weather, on 2 occasions with lighting, this unit falsed and burnt out
3) Rumour from the latest radartest.com test mentioned unit overheated and it had to retire
4) Financial Stability –Ever since the European distributor cancelled their distribution rights (their largest buyer) the company has been on the brink of bankruptcy
5) With the previously model (LE20) factory had to recall about 33% -50% of product as product did not or hardly ever functioned.
6) Somehow, I have never been lucky with Lidatek- works for maximum a month and one has to throw it away.
7) Their warranty service is appalling

I lost money with their product and would rather go for something more reliable."

I personally find your "story" very funny and amusing. This is not who Lidatek is. You expect me to believe that they did not replace your units? An 80% failure rate would land this company to the land of extinction. Get real man this company has been providing world class jammers for 10 years! It is people like you that make this industry look so bad, spreading false rumors with ill intentions. Guys dont believe this clown!

JTW
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Feedback?

Lets look at this logically shall we. HappyA$$'s car with the help of other passive laser diffusers had a punch through of 500 feet with the blinder. Lets say in 12 months you encounter 1 laser trap a month. 8 of the 12 laser traps hit your car at 1000' away. All 8 of these hits were jammed by the M20 and LE-30. Now lets say the other 4 encounters were 'around the corner' style speed traps, where the officer hits your car just as you turn a bend. The M20 would punch though at 4 times and the LE-30 would jam all 4 times. Lets pretend the LE-30 some how blew up and didn't work on the last run. This would mean you got a ticket 1 time for the LE-30 and the Blinder M20 got 4 tickets. You wouldn't replace the M20 because nothing is wrong with it. The minute you get a ticket with the LE-30 and find out it's burnt out you'll just send it in for repair and it's good for another 11 encounters(purely an example). We could then say for every 12 runs a blinder would get 4 tickets and an LE-30 would get one ticket.

Statistically you're more probable to get a ticket with frequent close distance punch throughs then a blue moon one time LE-30 burn out.

Here is another example for you. You have two airplanes. Plane A's wings are 84% weaker then Plane B's wings. Plane A represents blinders 16% light output compared to Lidateks output. What do you think the possiblity of Plane A crashing is if the wings are 84% weaker and flying the same distances as plane B with perfectly good wings? Plane A has a higher chance of failing(getting a ticket) compared to Plane B's freak accident(lidatek burn out.) Freak accidents don't happen all the time. The point is you're worse off with weak performance statistically. A lidatek may burn out one time, but it saved you from 3 tickets the blinder couldn't save you on.

This story is purely hypothetical. I'm sure you get my point though.

Chris

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM

We have an Lti 20-20 here and the LE 30 does not produce E-07 jam code

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 02:22 PM

Where an I getting this info? First hand experiance. I believe that the lidatek was produced for europe, and they have not touched jamming codes for U.S guns. The blinder did not display jamming codes on the reigl, and I am not sure about the other one. I know it did on the stalker, but that was after a couple of seconds of hitting it.

90% of the guns used in the UK are made in the USA - Thanks for the imports ! :lol:

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
As for the reliabilty I have an LE 30 that has just turned one year old on my car, and its tested 2 - 3 times a week on demos with a gun. And guess what it still works just fine !!! Our warranty service with Lidatek is very good and we operate a 0.5% returns rate on the product. The LE 30 is MUCH better than the LE 20 for warranty. But we have customers with the LE 20 that have had it for say 3 years and its fine !

sethy
07-06-2005, 02:30 PM

90% of the guns used in the UK are made in the USA - Thanks for the imports ! :lol:
Well, this is the fact. it displayed a jamming code on the reigl, stalker, and ultraltye as soon as we pulled the trigger.

JTW
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM

Can you get a video of this? Maybe Sethy accidentally thought a regular E code was a jamming code, when it was really just a normal operating E code.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Feedback?This problem was dealt with by lidatek after it turns out that some of the LE30 jammers were defective from the factory

You sound like you never contacted Lidatek support which i have never ever read a bad thing about!
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53616&highlight=lidatek
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32976
currently looking for more stories about lidateks great customer service...I have yet to read another person besides yourself that had a probelm with the LE30...I think i remember someone having a problem but unit was promtply replaced bu that is a rumor until i find that thread
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of the problem moels of the LE30 possibly you had one of these units They were produced in Sept-October 2003 and seem to have a problem in colder climates here is the link to the thread where they discuss the problem and how it was dealt with by lidatek
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27292&highlight=lidatek+support

icemax
07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Here is your quote
I personally find your "story" very funny and amusing. This is not who Lidatek is. You expect me to believe that they did not replace your units? An 80% failure rate would land this company to the land of extinction. Get real man this company has been providing world class jammers for 10 years! It is people like you that make this industry look so bad, spreading false rumors with ill intentions. Guys dont believe this clown!

Dude-
I had to purchase my units through a 3rd party from the US due to the fact that in the country where I live there is an agent for lidatek.If I purchase it from the agent I pay double the price for the unit.We are not fortunate as those living in the US as prices in the US are cheap.Therefore Lidatek does not cover warranties of products purchased through US 3rd parties.
About 80% failure rate-Company almost landed in extinction.Its a fact known in the industry.
In the 10 years they existed,how many months were their door closed...I guess you dont know.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
perfect reason why you should buy from authorized dealers or the company direct

sethy
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM

Can you get a video of this? Maybe Sethy accidentally thought a regular E code was a jamming code, when it was really just a normal operating E code.

I think it was displaying E03 on the ultralyte. Not E-07

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
4) Financial Stability –Ever since the European distributor cancelled their distribution rights (their largest buyer) the company has been on the brink of bankruptcy

That would be Target Automotive. They werent so happy with us testing and recommending the Bel 915 en bel 975 as a equal but 400 euro more expensive Target 966. Althouhg I understand that they most make a living, 400 is a little bit to much.

The LE-20 had a high failure rate. I tested several for friends finding out that they didn't jam at all, or constant false alarms. Those units were exchanged bij Target without problems.

And how it will jam? Like this: http://images.flitsservice.com/techniek/html/LT400/LT400WithJam.wmv

Punch through is nice, but the LE-30 and LT-400 give alarm and you would be a fool not to respond to that. It jams all the way down and maybe from upclose, from an angle you might get a reading, but if you havent spotted them by then, you deserve the ticket :wink:

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Here is your quote

Dude-
I had to purchase my units through a 3rd party from the US due to the fact that in the country where I live there is an agent for lidatek.If I purchase it from the agent I pay double the price for the unit.We are not fortunate as those living in the US as prices in the US are cheap.Therefore Lidatek does not cover warranties of products purchased through US 3rd parties.
About 80% failure rate-Company almost landed in extinction.Its a fact known in the industry.
In the 10 years they existed,how many months were their door closed...I guess you dont know.

What coutry do you live in ? Radar Roy ships to alot of countries and it seems he will be offering a deal ? Also the 3 rd party you bought from would have warranty with Lidatek - are you saying they could not be bothered to return the faulty product therfore Lidatek customer service sucks ? If so this is wrong !

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 04:32 PM

The Lti 20-20 displays normally E03 but also E01 and E02 I have NEVER seen E07 even with the LRC 100/LE20

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 04:37 PM
There seems to be so much rumour and confusion, not wishing my posts to be censored here but we as a company and as an individual user have had experience of Lidatek/Target for a number of years we have sold the complete range from LE 10 through to LE30 and even some LT 400. The product sold is in the 1000's so i feel this qualifies me to comment of the quality of service, reliability etc more than most people here. As for the stability of the company - in our experience its stronger than ever. Andy at Lidatek is one of the most helpful guys I know and lives for the product. They are not box shifters but craftsmen. There will always be a debate between different designs. But please lets discuss facts not rumours or even grey imports.

icemax
07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
What coutry do you live in ? Radar Roy ships to alot of countries and it seems he will be offering a deal ? Also the 3 rd party you bought from would have warranty with Lidatek - are you saying they could not be bothered to return the faulty product therfore Lidatek customer service sucks ? If so this is wrong !

Usually one would pay at least $300 -$500 for getting the units shipped.
Before one receives it the one has to pay UPS/Fedex and handling charge + duties and Vat
To remove the units costs money once again
To ship it back to the 3rd party guy in the US costs another 300$
3rd party guy ships it to Lidatek- $50
Lidatek ships it back to 3rd party guy -$50
3rd party ships it back to me $300 - $500
fedex/ups handling charge + duties and vat once again
New installation charge...
Man at this point one is so fedup it has cost so much..do you blame me if I am pissed off at the manufacturer if the ship out a faulty unit!!

mobilecentre
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM

Before one receives it the one has to pay UPS/Fedex and handling charge + duties and Vat
Man at this point one is so fedup it has cost so much..do you blame me if I am pissed off at the manufacturer if the ship out a faulty unit!!

$300 to ship to the US where do you live in the world ????? :shock:

Crash
07-06-2005, 05:31 PM

$300 to ship to the US where do you live in the world ????? :shock:

The US Postal Service is known for their exceptionally high rates for Mars. Moving to Earth would help :wink:

talo
07-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Im just amazed that Lidatek is even considered since it was just a few short months ago that the Blinder gospel would preclude any other option. I went with Lidatek back in April and feel a bit validated with that choice based on myresearch at the time. If I took this forum as my only source in that choice, one would have thought Lidatek was junk and would burn up and explode and Blinder was 100%. Nice to see some actual discourse on this now

As for the stealth jam, Andy said they can make that upgrade with little effort, but his point was why bother since the market is so small, most operators dont know how to do it properly and the company that makes it is not doing so well. I guess if your in a amrket that uses stealth, then it is something to worry about, but for the rest of us, it matters not.

Crash
07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Im just amazed that Lidatek is even considered since it was just a few short months ago that the Blinder gospel would preclude any other option. I went with Lidatek back in April and feel a bit validated with that choice based on myresearch at the time. If I took this forum as my only source in that choice, one would have thought Lidatek was junk and would burn up and explode and Blinder was 100%. Nice to see some actual discourse on this now

You´re welcome :wink:

happya$$
07-06-2005, 06:09 PM

As for the stealth jam, Andy said they can make that upgrade with little effort, but his point was why bother since the market is so small, most operators dont know how to do it properly and the company that makes it is not doing so well. I guess if your in a amrket that uses stealth, then it is something to worry about, but for the rest of us, it matters not.

Yeah i was one of those people that thought that Lidatek was junk. I am just happy that I now have seen the light. After reading the SML reviews I thought that Blinder was God and everything else was junk but now I know better. Better now than never I guess

kap1027
07-07-2005, 03:16 PM
i thought the same thing.... that everything else couldnt compare to the blinder.... i was soooo close to buying it but now i guess i'll just have to wait for the SML results, and for the all mighty 7/16 video... im so torn between like 4 jammers lol.... a blinder, a lidatek, wait for an antilaser, or to get a Zr3.

talo
07-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I find it amusing that the blinder guy was so full of his product that now some chinks in the armor are exposed he rarely shows himself in thse discussions anymore.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I find it amusing that the blinder guy was so full of his product that now some chinks in the armor are exposed he rarely shows himself in thse discussions anymore.Chinks? Lidatek is first off an american company and AntiLaser is from croatia

I find it funny that on professionally installed laser jammers it's easier for an amatuer to get punch through then a licence operator trained to fight back against jammers

JTW
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I find it amusing that the blinder guy was so full of his product that now some chinks in the armor are exposed he rarely shows himself in thse discussions anymore.Chinks? Lidatek is first off an american company and AntiLaser is from croatia

I find it funny that on professionally installed laser jammers it's easier for an amatuer to get punch through then a licence operator trained to fight back against jammers

Do you know why amateurs get punch through easier? SML does a countdown and shoots the gun for about 2 seconds and then calls it a jam. On the amateur tests we shoot the gun constantly. I think most people will agree that if a cop can't get a reading he's going to continue to pull the trigger.

JTW

JTW
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM

E03 is not a jamming code. E-06 and E-07 are the jam codes on an LTI.

happya$$
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
i thought the same thing.... that everything else couldnt compare to the blinder.... i was soooo close to buying it but now i guess i'll just have to wait for the SML results, and for the all mighty 7/16 video... im so torn between like 4 jammers lol.... a blinder, a lidatek, wait for an antilaser, or to get a Zr3.

I can make this a LITTLE easier for you. Scratch off the ZR3 off your list. It is outdated and performs weakly against the 3rd generation gun

kap1027
07-07-2005, 05:10 PM
i was pretty much thinking the same thing.... except if i put all three jammers on the front maybe that would be ok.... i really like the integration with the X50.... think you guys could test it with the two front jammers and the third on the front plate and see how it does?

icemax
07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah i was one of those people that thought that Lidatek was junk. I am just happy that I now have seen the light. After reading the SML reviews I thought that Blinder was God and everything else was junk but now I know better. Better now than never I guess

Can you show me those SML reviews you just mentioned?Would love to see them

robert
07-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Can you show me those SML reviews you just mentioned? Would love to see them

They're not ready for mass consumption yet but should be within a month.

icemax
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM

They're not ready for mass consumption yet but should be within a month.

So does this mean only a select few forum members have access to this test?
How does one get access to this "select club"?

SmaartAasSaabr
07-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Well maybe Roy and Sethy since they were actually there but...

crazyVOLVOrob
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM

They're not ready for mass consumption yet but should be within a month.Robert, Steve(happya$$) is refering to these SML results:
http://www.radarbusters.com/support/speedlabs/radar-laser-jamming.asp
http://www.radarbusters.com/support/product-tests/active-laser-jamming-tests.asp
Not many of the moderators have all the details of this years SML test...yet at least we all have to wait like the rest of you all

robert
07-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Gotcha.

Who wants to look at last year's when this year's are right around the corner?

boxster
07-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I have been reading info/comments on this forum for about 6 months. I had an LE-20 for a few years and I replaced it in January 05 with an LE-30. I never commented on the positive performance of either unit because everyone on this forum said Lidatek products were junk and the service was worse than the Registry of Motor Vehicles! I felt that I must be a fool. How could all these people be wrong, afterall they have laser guns and have tested different units. Anyway, I sent my LE-20 in for a check-up in January (was making strange sounds and the lense had a nick in it). I recieved a call from Lidatek (about 3 days later) saying they believed there was an issue with the crystal, but they were not 100% sure. They had bench tested it and also install it on somone's car for field testing. The diode still functioned, the common epoxy failure was not the cause, so it had to be something with the tracking (I believe it was Andy who told me that). They said they will replace the unit, it was wayyy out of warranty time, for $249. Was it broken the day I got it, you ask? I don't think so. I was never pulled over in multiple East coast states (while my Valentine screamed Laser, sometimes on and off).

I am sure there are people (there was 1 that I saw on the Acura NSX site) that had issues with Lidatek service, but I think this is a rarity, based on my own experience with the company. Most people on the Porsche, BMW and Audi forums all rave about the Lidatek's performance. Check out the UK test site, www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/index.htm

As for punch-through, I agree with Happy, I don't want any if possible. I too have been hit with laser just around bends or rises in the road. Only once in New Hampshire on RT. 93 have I seen a State Police officer on a long, long straight-away. Maybe in states, like Ohio & Kansas, where there is a lot of open and straight roadway, punch-through doesn't matter. I would rather have the insurance.

Maybe when Roy starts selling LE-30s, there will be proper representation on this forum, and the rest of us with LE-30s will not get thrown in the town square stockade for speaking such blashemy.

happya$$
07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I have been reading info/comments on this forum for about 6 months. I had an LE-20 for a few years and I replaced it in January 05 with an LE-30. I never commented on the positive performance of either unit because everyone on this forum said Lidatek products were junk and the service was worse than the Registry of Motor Vehicles! I felt that I must be a fool. How could all these people be wrong, afterall they have laser guns and have tested different units. Anyway, I sent my LE-20 in for a check-up in January (was making strange sounds and the lense had a nick in it). I recieved a call from Lidatek (about 3 days later) saying they believed there was an issue with the crystal, but they were not 100% sure. They had bench tested it and also install it on somone's car for field testing. The diode still functioned, the common epoxy failure was not the cause, so it had to be something with the tracking (I believe it was Andy who told me that). They said they will replace the unit, it was wayyy out of warranty time, for $249. Was it broken the day I got it, you ask? I don't think so. I was never pulled over in multiple East coast states (while my Valentine screamed Laser, sometimes on and off).

I am sure there are people (there was 1 that I saw on the Acura NSX site) that had issues with Lidatek service, but I think this is a rarity, based on my own experience with the company. Most people on the Porsche, BMW and Audi forums all rave about the Lidatek's performance. Check out the UK test site, www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/index.htm

As for punch-through, I agree with Happy, I don't want any if possible. I too have been hit with laser just around bends or rises in the road. Only once in New Hampshire on RT. 93 have I seen a State Police officer on a long, long straight-away. Maybe in states, like Ohio & Kansas, where there is a lot of open and straight roadway, punch-through doesn't matter. I would rather have the insurance.

Maybe when Roy starts selling LE-30s, there will be proper representation on this forum, and the rest of us with LE-30s will not get thrown in the town square stockade for speaking such blashemy.

Well I apologize for that Boxster because i WAS a basher but now I am a believer. They are a STELLAR company that have been around longer than the others. I like EVERYTHING about the Lidatek THUS FAR. Its build quality is outstanding. I am just glad that I did my homework properly (thanks for the advice Leon) because now I have TWO great jammers from two great companies!

Longsnowsm
07-09-2005, 11:20 AM
I have to agree with the comments made by Sethy. More and more states are passing laws or are considering passing laws against jammers. I live in the latest victim state of Colorado. So my interest would be in a "tool" that would not reflect jamming codes, and give me just enough cushion to get slowed to speeds that will keep me from forking over my hard earned cash. So I will be watching for the test data to see if any of the current generation of jammers are capable of jamming without alerting the LEO of that fact. I don't care about JTG, just the time to get slowed.

Longsnowsm

outrun
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Ok here is my 02 on the jamming codes. Lidatek has it figured out. Here is the plus to the Lidatek for now.

1. It jams to the gun (we will find out on the 16th)
2. It can do it with one transponder
3. It uses laser diodes instead of LED's
4. More powerfull
5. Smaller for easy mounting and concealed

And to top it off for number 6

It only jams for 5 seconds. That is enough time to slow down and for the officer to get a reading. From what I have seen those cops don't even care what the gun says. When they are shooting cars it says all kinds of codes. They don't care. They are just there to get your speed. In that 5 seconds they are looking through a scope and don't see the codes. If he does look in that 5 seconds and does see a code he will just re shoot and get a reading then his suspision has gone away and it is on to the next car. Just my 02

OUTRUN

T-T
07-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Agree.

jc1600cc
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
I have the Lidatek installed front & rear . I have encountered Laser 1 time so far . I was in traffic on Rt 84 in Conn. The lidatek screamed . Plenty of distance . I think the Escort and Lidatek are a great combo .

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Got a LE30 in the mail today ;-)

JTW
07-12-2005, 05:33 AM

Please film some tests of it in action.

Chris

happya$$
07-12-2005, 06:13 AM

Yes PLEASE

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 06:44 AM

Please film some tests of it in action.

Chris

:lol: Thought thats what you did !! When are you filming the LE 30 ??

happya$$
07-12-2005, 07:02 AM
We are curious if we all get the same results. JTW, Our team, and now Filtzservice are doing extendive LIDAR jammer testing. I would be curious if we all get similar results. We will find that answer though

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 07:08 AM
From being a pile of junk that sucked and most of you guys had never heard of it to international film star------- wish I was an LE 30 as I have got the first bit right just cannot crack the film star bit !

happya$$
07-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I guess we all saw the light a little late though but at least we saw it. Now we must spread the word because it is written :lol:

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Inshallah or amen to that? ;-)

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 08:50 AM
I still would like to recieve the antilaser as said by email before... :roll: :(

icemax
07-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Consider this situation:

You driving in traffic and the speed limit is 100km/h.You are slightly above the posted limit @ 130 km/h.You have 3 cars trailing you.You hear the *BEEP*. All of a sudden you apply brakes as this is a impulsive action which is built into us. Bang!! rear end smash.!!
Is this a possibility.?

Man 5 seconds is just not enough..

happya$$
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Consider this situation:

You driving in traffic and the speed limit is 100km/h.You are slightly above the posted limit @ 130 km/h.You have 3 cars trailing you.You hear the *BEEP*. All of a sudden you apply brakes as this is a impulsive action which is built into us. Bang!! rear end smash.!!
Is this a possibility.?

Or consider this You driving in traffic and the speed limit is 100km/h.You are slightly above the posted limit @ 130 km/h.You have 3 cars trailing you and three around you.You hear the *BEEP*. All of a sudden you are looking for the kill switch while hitting the brakes as this is a impulsive action which is built into us. Bang!! rear, side, front, etc end smash.!! Man the switch is not a good idea :roll:

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Simple - keep your distance !

JTW
07-12-2005, 09:53 AM
As long as you're not going 25+ over the limit you can drop down to the speed limit with a few seconds to spare.

sethy
07-12-2005, 10:00 AM
During prelims, they hit me unexpectedly when I was at 90 MPH, i froze for a second, and without jacking my brakes, slowed down to 60 before they got me.

happya$$
07-12-2005, 10:04 AM
During prelims, they hit me unexpectedly when I was at 90 MPH, i froze for a second, and without jacking my brakes, slowed down to 60 before they got me.

Somehtin must have been wrong to get suh aweful results druing the SML and such awesome results during prelims. I bet you the 1 minute recycle time played a HUGE role.

JTW
07-12-2005, 10:11 AM

Somehtin must have been wrong to get suh aweful results druing the SML and such awesome results during prelims. I bet you the 1 minute recycle time played a HUGE role.

It was either the 1 minute recycle time or the officer shot the jammer for 5.3 seconds. 0.3 seconds is all it takes to get a speed reading and since the lidatek turns off after 5 seconds a simple human timing error would result in a poor test result for a perfectly good lidatek.

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 10:20 AM
I thought the LE 30 had a recycle time of 30 seconds, the LE 20 was 60 secs. I am just off to check !

JTW
07-12-2005, 10:36 AM
It is 30 seconds.

The Laser ECHO LE-30 only echoes for 5 seconds and then shuts off and recycles for 30 seconds. This allows a driver to correct their speed before getting a ticket. Our purpose is not to encourage speeding, but to allow people who are following the flow of traffic or who have drifted above the speed limit to adjust to the proper speed before being fined.

kpatz
07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
When the LE30 is in its "after 5 seconds" non-jamming cycle, does it still alert if it detects laser during this time?

I don't mind that it jams for only 5 seconds, as this should be adequate time to slow down, but I hope it would still alert if the LEO lasers you again. Better yet, it should sound a different alert, so you know it's receiving laser but not jamming it at the time.

Imagine if you get lasered, the LE30 goes off, you see the officer, you go past him, but just around the next bend is another trap, and you hit it before the 30 seconds is up.

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 11:29 AM
More checks coming up.....

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 11:34 AM
The LE 30 triggers, then recycles. You do not get any warnings while its re cycling. This is only for 30 seconds and as you will have been alerted of a speed enforcement presence this will not be an issue :)

Tim

Crash
07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I guess we all saw the light a little late though but at least we saw it. Now we must spread the word because it is written :lol:

Especially me, being on "Lidatek´s payroll" and all :lol:

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Consider this situation:

Is this a possibility.?

How about:
You driving in traffic and the speed limit is 100km/h.You are slightly above the posted limit @ 130 km/h.You have 3 cars trailing you.You hear the *BEEP*. You are confused for a second but realize it is a laser. You gently brake to about 110 km/h indicated spoed on your speedometer and immidiatly switch off your LE-30

This is what happened to me recently. You speedometer always gives to much speed. So 110 would be safe as your true speed would be around 104/ 106 km/h by then.

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
The LE 30 triggers, then recycles. You do not get any warnings while its re cycling. This is only for 30 seconds and as you will have been alerted of a speed enforcement presence this will not be an issue :)

Tim

With the LE-20 I did get a warning tone that I was still being targeted, while it was resetting.

Crash
07-12-2005, 12:46 PM

Tim

With the LE-20 I did get a warning tone that I was still being targeted, while it was resetting.

Yes, that is correct. So tell me, when can we expect the LaserPatrol tests?

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 01:49 PM

I think I should be along with a few others for sticking up for them so you guys could see the light - about a home grown american dream !

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM

Tim

Well, right now I am fixing my neighbours computere with Win 98 on it....

So no installing tonight, unfortunately

mobilecentre
07-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Well if you are using it now it must be fixed

Flitsservice.nl
07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Nope, that is my laptop with Wifi to my acces point ;-)

Crash
07-12-2005, 04:04 PM

I think I should be along with a few others for sticking up for them so you guys could see the light - about a home grown american dream !

Just ask happya$$ and thehorn13 about my involvement with Lidatek, Cowboys, Canucks and other fun stuff :wink:

Flitsservice.nl
07-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Tim

So it is 20:38 over here, let's get going!

Well, right now I am fixing my neighbours computere with Win 98 on it....

So no installing tonight, unfortunately

Crash
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Does that mean you´re installing it right now?
Yeah, baby! :mrgreen:

JTW
07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Even though the SML results have been leaked out on numerous threads the Lidatek is pulling ahead of the Blinder m20 on the poll even though the SML tests show the blinder did better. Why is that I wonder?

happya$$
07-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Even though the SML results have been leaked out on numerous threads the Lidatek is pulling ahead of the Blinder m20 on the poll even though the SML tests show the blinder did better. Why is that I wonder?

That is an interesting observation. for me personally the SML results do not carry much weight nor do CP's results. I would rather see more forum members do their own test videos. These are the tests that will make me decide one way or another. No politics, no strings attached, just pure 100% results as is and for fun.

Crash
07-13-2005, 01:52 PM

That is an interesting observation. for me personally the SML results do not carry much weight nor do CP's results. I would rather see more forum members do their own test videos. These are the tests that will make me decide one way or another. No politics, no strings attached, just pure 100% results as is and for fun.

Agreed.

Hessen
07-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Just ask happya$$ and thehorn13 about my involvement with Lidatek, Cowboys, Canucks and other fun stuff :wink:

:shock: ........ :?:

Hessen
07-13-2005, 01:56 PM

The Blinder's transponders are to dam big........no way you can use a Blinder anywhere Jammers are Illegal........Lidatek's small transponders are the "ticket" (pardon the pun... :oops: )...there are other markets outside the USA folks..... :wink:

thestaton
07-13-2005, 02:13 PM
You know I look at it like this, my Blinder survived a car totaling collision with a deer and a telephone pole (all at the same time). Still works perfect on the EVO, so as far as construction goes its top notch.

This time last year what ever your hobby is odds are there was something new that looked awesome. In my case it was The Blinder M-20, and now after another year has gone by Lidatek & Antilaser both are bringing on stiff stiff competition.

However just because there is new competition available for us in the United States doesnt mean we should turn our backs on the Blinder. However we should embrass the new technology slowly and if everything pans out, in a few months we can sit back in our rocking chairs and brag about the days we beat the cops with the Blinder :)

Flitsservice.nl
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM

Yepz, tough job though. I have already a lot of cables running.

For starters: I really don't like the fact that there is no screwhole in the unit, unlike the LE-20. Now you have to tape it.

Another small point is that there are small holes from the engine compartment to the cabin. You have to pull (gently) the cables from the white connector and put those through and then plug them back into the connector.

I really did like the junction box. That is really much better compared to the LE-20.

It is al working fine I think. It starts with a small beep and then a load beep in which the led changes colour.

Now I have to arrange the LaserPatrol.

Crash
07-13-2005, 06:38 PM

Yepz, tough job though. I have already a lot of cables running.

For starters: I really don't like the fact that there is no screwhole in the unit, unlike the LE-20. Now you have to tape it.

Another small point is that there are small holes from the engine compartment to the cabin. You have to pull (gently) the cables from the white connector and put those through and then plug them back into the connector.

I really did like the junction box. That is really much better compared to the LE-20.

It is al working fine I think. It starts with a small beep and then a load beep in which the led changes colour.

Now I have to arrange the LaserPatrol.

Should´ve found a bigger grommet... I personally like the 3M tape, it allows you to position the jammer any way you want and it definitely helps it cut down on size. Looking forward to the LaserPatrol tests.

mobilecentre
07-14-2005, 03:56 AM
As an installer I did not like the sticky pad, until I stuck it on and tried to pull it off - they are strong !

Rumour has it that the sticky pad method was used so there was not a hole in the unit other than the cable exit to keep moisture ingress down.

Also the unit was then insulated from the body work eliminating any ground loops which could lead to false alarms.

These all sound good reasons to me !

I also think the install is far easier than the LE 20 deciding where the green wire should go, then the white etc and having to rip it all out if you wanted to add another transponder etc

300c
12-15-2006, 08:21 PM
sounds like both of you guys work for each of the companies.
He says she says