PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy VEIL if your laser jammer didn't need it?

JTW
07-06-2005, 02:53 AM
VEIL has been proven to cut laser readings by 50%. Blinder jammers need VEIL, especially for the headlight shots. VEIL helps blinder and other LED jammers reduce the punch through distances very well. On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil. If you had a laser diode jammer would you purchase VEIL even though your diode jammer already jams to the gun?

I would buy VEIL to use with my diode jammer only because I feel you can't go wrong with too much protection. What about you?

JTW

EastGermanOlympicJudge
07-06-2005, 05:19 AM
On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil.

While I trust you, I think many people would consider this information as apocryphal. Can you back this up for them?

PS - I'm on the fence about Veil ATM, so I refrained from voting.

JTW
07-06-2005, 05:25 AM
On the other hand laser diode jammers(Antilaser & Lidatek) jam the laser to the gun w/o the help of Veil.

While I trust you, I think many people would consider this information as apocryphal. Can you back this up for them?

Well the Antilaser vids show jam to gun on several guns. Lidatek also uses a laser diode and I hear rumors they jammed at all distances at SML.

Two teams are going to film antilaser and lidatek videos within 2 weeks. You'll have proof.

brick
07-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Well, I certainly wouldn't stop using it since I already have a can that's still got plenty left in it. A few months ago I would have said that I would quit using it because of how it looks on the license plate...way too dark. But my current setup with a laser shield and a single coat on plexiglass is hardly noticeable at all unless you are standing right next to the car and looking for the covers.

Veil is cheap insurance, and not prone to things like electrical faults. As long as the coat is even and not chipped, you are protected. That's not something that I can say for a jammer. If it were to crap out unexpectedly when I needed it and I didn't have Veil then I would definitely be toast. If it broke and I did have Veil then I would have at least a fighting chance. So I think I can safely vote yes on this one.

JTW
07-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Well, I certainly wouldn't stop using it since I already have a can that's still got plenty left in it. A few months ago I would have said that I would quit using it because of how it looks on the license plate...way too dark. But my current setup with a laser shield and a single coat on plexiglass is hardly noticeable at all unless you are standing right next to the car and looking for the covers.

Veil is cheap insurance, and not prone to things like electrical faults. As long as the coat is even and not chipped, you are protected. That's not something that I can say for a jammer. If it were to crap out unexpectedly when I needed it and I didn't have Veil then I would definitely be toast. If it broke and I did have Veil then I would have at least a fighting chance. So I think I can safely vote yes on this one.

Totally agree with you. YOu can't go wrong with passive helpers like Veil and the laser shield.

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 06:56 AM

I will back it up. In Holland it would help to put veil on the back of the car instead of front. They sometimes laser you from behind and with those two red reflectors in your lamp it is extremely ease to get a reading

happya$$
07-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Laser Veil will ALWAYS be on my arsenal no matter what jammer I use :twisted: