PDA

View Full Version : ALpine invational section/vids of event Lidar section posted

alpinestars_2002795
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
AlPiNe~ Up North InVaTaTiOnAl 07' is now on the books, and looking to be going down soon! A date has already been decided It is looking to be held September 15th Which is a saturday, so all can attend. We had alot of fun at Last yr's up north invatational as all saw im sure. Directions will be given as the date moves ahead, As of right now, it is looking to be held at the same location as last yr, Rose city, Michigan. Also looking to test from the same testing location, as we had no problems with leos and had plenty of room to do our testing and it worked great for long range laser testing, as well as radar, and around the curve testing as well.. A hot lunch is provided brots etc. hot dogs, So hope to see you there! For more info contact AlPiNe~ on radar detector.net, thanks all and happy hits ;)

Equipment being broght so far, Laser, Ka band, K band, X band, Vg-2, Vascar.

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Question: Will there be a Stalker LZ1 laser gun there?

alpinestars_2002795
08-20-2007, 07:53 PM
You buying one i don't know about nma?

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
08-22-2007, 05:03 AM
No, I was just wondering if anyone that had one would be brave and "actually" show up?

alpinestars_2002795
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Good luck on that, Stalker lidar is the hardest to attain, hope you have a badge number if you hope on getting that... Hence there probably are few and far inbetween on this forum that have stalker lidar.... nor stalker anything, it is hard to get, unless you have a connection, or lots of $....

AlPiNe~

Spinner55
08-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Hello,

Sorry but I'm working and the vacation spots are already filled. Maybe next time.

Take care,

spin

alpinestars_2002795
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Thats too bad spin, gonna be a fun one... not too chilly not to cold :D like you said maybe next time..

AlPiNe~

Spinner55
08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Hello,

Sure, keep me in mind. I'll bring my ATR and Golden Eagle. If nothing else as a back up. No lidar yet, don't foresee one do to the $$$$.

Take care,

Spin

alpinestars_2002795
08-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Ya...lidars are expensive...i've had two, pro 1, now i have pro 2 ...working on saving for an ultralyte in the future or some type of generation 3 gun or higher... looking to get one brand new from a manufacturer in the foam lined case... probably within a yr or so probably sooner... All depends on how much i can save.. I figure the ALG8 quads are going to be a nice chuck of change at 1200 bucks... But hey jammers are always fun! LOL

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
So will you be looking at either an Ultralyte,Stalker LZ1 or Laser Atlanta w/ Stealth mode alpine? Real curious.

alpinestars_2002795
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Most likely either the ultralyte or the LA... I can get LA's alot cheaper, guess it all depends on how antsy i get...i don't have much patience.. But i've always wanted an ultralyte 100lr...so im guess the 100lr is what i'll have most likely..

Max effective of a 100lr... 3,280ft

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
08-26-2007, 09:53 AM
And when Alpine wants something, he sure puts his mind to it. Keep up those thoughts Alpine. 8)

alpinestars_2002795
08-28-2007, 05:53 PM
sure will, thats my game plan right now except i added the thought of another device but i'll let that one out later... till then i'll let that one be a mystery...

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
08-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Laser gun, matter of fact a better laser gun than the ones the LEOS use over in "your" area where ever that might be?

alpinestars_2002795
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Hawii sounds good, Sandy beachs and mild weather... Then again why would i need a Sti and to be so stealth if i was in the US?...hmm?

LOL

AlPiNe~

icantdrive55
08-30-2007, 03:38 PM
i might be able to attend if there is any testing done in the a.m. I gotta be back in cadillac by 130p.m. or so.

i bought a cheap 19.00 Early Warning detector at ABC last week as I sent in my V-1 3.818 for a check up. It has not been checked since I bought it when the first POP unit came out..which is the 3.818. With it being in the car 90% of the time..in the Michigan cold and heat, thought it would be worth sending it in. I should get it back this weekend or Tuesday. (They sent it out today, Thursday).

alpinestars_2002795
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Ya there will definetly be testing done in the am hours... for sure.. Radar testing is to kick off first at 10am... That is when the fist x band shots will be fired!! LOL hey gotta test all the bandwidths... Then working our way through the frequencies of course leaving laser jammer testing, and laser testing for last.. Im thinking about 3-5 runs per unit, since we only will be testing on the 15th... This is to be a one day test... IF anyone is attempting a drive, I can help with hotels in the area, or possible lodging... By giving out info, and other things to do in the area the evening before the kick off of this event... I will also have a table and a roughly 7' by 7' pop up roof to chill out under and shoot the breeze about electronics detectors, jammers...while testing is occuring.. Weather shooting or watching it should be a very fun event... We had a great time last yr it was just a tad chilly this yr the weather shall be ALOT Warmer which was the plan from having another event this yr from the git go! Also this yr alot more organization! All the runs will be made first before secondary testing is done, so we get the MAJOR testing out of the way, then if extra time is aloted then we will shoot people to test out their equipement etc.. Extra time is more than likely to occure... And if anybody wants a shot durning the usual lunch break for brats or dogs etc WHICH ARE ALL ON ME LUNCH IS ON AlPiNe~ This event will be a full video event, I will not be doing very much of the shooting at all! So the videos that follow will be alot better this YR!... I personally will shot anybody that wants to be shot with whatever they want to get shot by.... weather it be x,k,ka,laser,vascar,vg-2...

Well ICD55 hope to see you there! Directions to this event will be posted on this forum in 3 days! It is in the Northeren seciton of THe Lower Pennisula of Michigan, if you are interested feel free to post here!! ALL ARE INVITED!! For Lodging inquiries about this event contact me on this forum feel free to leave me an offline i will respond within 24hrs or less. Thanks all Hope to see everybody there!!

AlPiNe~

jimbonzzz
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
We had a great time last yr it was just a tad chilly this yr the weather shall be ALOT Warmer which was the plan from having another event this yr from the git go!

Yeah it was kind of cold that's for sure, I should have worn thicker clothes, I didn't realize how cold it gets up north :lol: But at least it was warm in your trailer :wink:

proudNMAmember
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Will a cellphone blocker be needed Alpine?

alpinestars_2002795
09-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't think having issues with the Leo's shall be an issue as last yr we didn't have any issue and there aren't to many people that are out at the testing site to hassel you anyhow... This Event is usually completely hassel free of Leo's.... Yes it should be alot warmer this yr although just incase im still bringing my hoodie!! BUt if perhaps it does get cold on us, i will have access to the heated trailer once again and propane... I doubt that should be an issue this yr though as the date is much earlier on.

AlPiNe~

AlPiNe~

alpinestars_2002795
09-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Directions to event here is the address where we all plan to link up..

Glens Market
Rose City Michigan, 48654
S. bennette st.

A Map will be posted of how to get there, you exit off on exit 202 off of 75 if heading from south to north, stay on m-33 all the way untill you hit M55, and M-33, Cross M-55 maintain north for 10 miles, You will then come into Rose City, the Glens market parking lot in which we meet every Yr, to tag up to the testing site, is located on the east side of the road if heading north bound on M-33.. If coming from the Cadillac area maintain M-55 past through and past the houghton lake area, follow untill you hit I-75 south, maintain I-75 south untill you get to exit 222 exit on exit 222 and make a left to head south after getting on the exit ramp. Drive through the City of St. Helen Just before the big curve to the left at the end of town vere right towards kirtland community college, train tracks, and vfw hall. Stay on this road for 5-7 miles approximently, the first major turn off chance you got on a highway that is paved and only turns right it should T the road you are on, make a right onto this road It should be F-97 There should be a sign at that point that either says Rose City or Game refuge. Pass the game refuge on F-97, maintain untill this road dead ends into another T make a left towards Rose City there is a Sign at this intersection i know for sure! STay on this road it will make a sharp curve from the north to the east maintain east on Rose City Rd. , Also known as E. main st in town. Follow this through Michigans great forest land untill you land yourself smack dab right in Rose city, make a right at the light and head South on M-33 aka South bennett st. Glens market parking lot shall be on your left..

A map with a detailed sketch will be posted tonight.. In the process of uploading a laser hit video!

AlPiNe~

alpinestars_2002795
09-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Rain date for the Sept 15th event will be Sept 16th. Should we get rained out on Sept 15th we will complete as much testing as humanly possible, With tent and trailer provided. Then complete on Sunday after rain has passed. No Laser testing is permitted in Rain conditions.

Also here are some major hotel chains in the area... These are the closest hotels to the event that are major chains the rest are just motels that are privately owned in Rose City michigan those would probably be ok for the average joe, but they aren't exactly ritzy... SO here are some OK choices.. The only TWO major chain choices you have. These are big hotels, but they fill up fast on the weekends due to traiffic and visitors to the area from Detroit coming up to their cabins to realax on the weekends, so my suggestion would be to make reservations. You will get a better rate, and a gurentee'd place to stay.

Super 8

Phone number-- 1-989-345-8488

Quality inn

Phone number-- 1-989-345-3503

AlPiNe~

alpinestars_2002795
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Maps to the event and some helpfull info, for all looking to get hits or avoid some of them!! Simply Click to enlarge these helpfull maps and info. If you are staying in WB at one of the Hotels i told you about. You want to exit at the 212 which isn't shown on these maps for some reason but it is between the 202 and the 215 exits shown here. As soon as you exit turn right, the hotels will be at your first right at the first Light.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/MaptoeventUpnorthInvatational07.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/maptoalpineupnorthinvational072.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/maptoevent3.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/maptoevent4closeup.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/map5testingsite.jpg

Hope this helps some of you on the way!!

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Anyone is welcome to this event. It doesn't matter if you are a civilian or a member of the law enforcement community, you are welcome to join in.

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll be there. Im staying at the Quality in, room under: D'Cruze

Email at rcd001@telus.blackberry.net or PM for cell number. I'm going to be there in there in the afternoon and then in the evening we can hit the town and meet some fine members of the opposite sex.

See you all there.

Bringing my STi and and LPP (it beeps, but it may still work???)

alpinestars_2002795
09-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Just letting you know for Michigan TRC you might wana HIGHLY consider turning K band on as it is still WIDELY USED here in Michigan. Even by State Leo's. Nice to see you can make it TRC I'll see you there and the Evening before most likely. Others are coming but too many to list. It's going to be fun! I will have the spread sheets done tomarrow for this test. And a clipboard..

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
09-13-2007, 04:54 AM
TRC, leave k band on while driving in MI or you are apt to get a ticket. Still widely used here. I get shot w/ k band at least once a day if not more.

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-13-2007, 08:02 AM
I'll turn K band on. Shou;d not get to many falses well travelling on the highway. Maybe I'll find some Cobras!

proudNMAmember
09-13-2007, 06:37 PM
LOL about those Cobras. Yes, you will find them in MI. I saw one on a guy's window today while making deliveries, I had to confront this guy on his unit. At least I persuaded the guy once he buys his next car, to get a Whistler instead of a Cobra. That was a plus. :D

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Slowly but surely he will start to up grade. Hope my back is not to sore, got my first tatoo today and it is quite sore. Now I think my girl is going to come along with me. She will check out the town well we do our testings.

See you all soon! I'll have my laptop with me.

proudNMAmember
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok, so she is going to come now huh? That's cool. I'll let Alpine know. I have a feeling I will be getting over there kind of late. You have a laptop too? Which kind? I have a Dell but I'm not bringing it since my little car will be full of all kinds of gadgetry. I know of a guy from Detroit who will be there around 2pm, and a guy from Battle Creek MI who will be there sometime in the afternoon. Icantdrive55, will be there from 10am until 1:30pm. Alpine and I are not sure on how many others besides yourself will come. I think we will have more, but just not sure as of yet. Alpine and I have to go get a picnic table w/ his dads truck in the wee hours of the morning so we can have something to set our stuff out on.

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Ya, she wants to get some shopping done.

I have a HP laptop, but using my girlfriends Macbook Pro. I love this mac, cant wait until I am windows free. I enjoy my privacy.

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey guys I never got in until 2AM yesterday. Not sure where we are meeting for breakfast today? Call at hotel at (989) 345 - 3503 room #242.

thestaton
09-15-2007, 07:49 AM
test the blinder m45.

crazyVOLVOrob
09-15-2007, 08:04 AM
test the blinder m45.x2

happya$$
09-15-2007, 08:29 AM
test the blinder m45.x2

X3. It would be cool to see as many tests as possible

alpinestars_2002795
09-16-2007, 08:14 AM
The blinder m-30 extreme of mine was fully tested.. Against the Ultralyte Lrb...as well as the Prolaser 2's It JTG'd very consistenly i think max punchthrough on a run shooing only the ultralyte was 220ft. That was the first run so the device was COLD don't forget... I am noticeing once my jammers warm up they tend to work better... Evey run after that was JTG. Untill they put 3 lidars on me, then they still never got me over 500ft... with 2 the most they got me at was 375ft.

AlPiNe~

alpinestars_2002795
09-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Working on Video of said event.

Start date: 9/16/07

Finish date: Unknown.

AlPiNe~

thestaton
09-16-2007, 08:22 AM
What is your baseline without a jammer? I think we could put a RMR on your car and it would JTG.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/alpinestars_2002795/100_2237.jpg

happya$$
09-16-2007, 09:18 AM
What is your baseline without a jammer? I think we could put a RMR on your car and it would JTG.

Is that his car? If so he does not need a jammer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thestaton
09-16-2007, 09:23 AM
yeah I know that's what I was getting at.

SmaartAasSaabr
09-16-2007, 08:57 PM

Is that his car? If so he does not need a jammer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT'S THE SATURN OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jerry540i
09-16-2007, 08:59 PM

We shot at the car this weekend with an Ultralyte and a couple of PL 2's. With no jammers on, we were getting punchtrough between 200-300 feet, though some runs were JTG, not too bad. :wink:

Once Alpine turned on his blinders, it was JTG everytime.

j/

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-17-2007, 09:49 AM
With the ultralyte we never got any punch through, but with the ultralyte and prolaser 2 shooting at the same time, the average was around 250 - 300 feet. We starting shooting from well over 3000 feet. Aiming for center mass, headlights, side mirrors, roof of car.

I'm a firm believer of the blinder now, but Alpine's car is total STEALTH.

proudNMAmember
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
I think we all had fun at this event. I sure did. Loved to see Alpine's car JTG. The look on Alpine's face and him yelling w/ excitement was cool when the laser guns were aimed at him. Nice to finally meet TRC and Jerry. Jim, thx coming to the event and helping out. :D :D :D :D :D

thestaton
09-17-2007, 07:14 PM
So what did you learn?

happya$$
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I think they learned how to play with the equipment properly right?

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-17-2007, 11:53 PM
What I learned:

How to use a radar gun and that actual range it has when hidden behind objects.

How to shoot a lidar gun (ultraltye and Prolaser). With a detector you do have a chance to avoid a ticket. The lidar gun does take 3 - 5 seconds to acquire your speed at distances over 1000 feet.
Beltronics 33.8 bug does exist. I saw this happen with my own eyes. I saw my RD give no alert to 33.8 Ka for one out of the 14 runs. It only takes one time to get caught and my second STi is going in for an update asap!!!
Learned that we have some really great guys on this forum that will organize such events.
Learned that a blinder extreme (yes with LED diodes) does perform really well as we saw with constant JTG.

I hope to attend more of these events and feel encouraged to buy some more equipment of my own.

happya$$
09-18-2007, 04:38 AM
What I learned:

How to shoot a lidar gun (ultraltye and Prolaser). With a detector you do have a chance to avoid a ticket. The lidar gun does take 3 - 5 seconds to acquire your speed at distances over 1000 feet.
Beltronics 33.8 bug does exist. I saw this happen with my own eyes. I saw my RD give no alert to 33.8 Ka for one out of the 14 runs. It only takes one time to get caught and my second STi is going in for an update asap!!!
Learned that we have some really great guys on this forum that will organize such events.
Learned that a blinder extreme (yes with LED diodes) does perform really well as we saw with constant JTG.

I hope to attend more of these events and feel encouraged to buy some more equipment of my own.

I am looking forward to seeing the M45 and LI in action also.

proudNMAmember
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I think we all learned that the Phantom RCD radar jammer, throws out wrong reading on a K band pop MPH Z-35 gun. Interesting to see 90-120 mph reading on a gun. It was also nice to see how hard the 35.5 off axis is to detect w/ the V1 sometimes. Wow!!!

alpinestars_2002795
09-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Ya... I have video of the 9500i almost not even alerting to 35.5 ghz ka band...Nasty STUFF~!

Ya that blinder of mine sure killed that ultralyte and pro 2 huh TRC? LOL

Gotta love it... :)

Ya that RCD suprised me :shock:

I have more results for you guys real numbers... i'll give them tomarrow, as tonight im off to bed, after 14hrs of work :shock:

AlPiNe~

happya$$
09-19-2007, 04:51 AM
the most important thing is that you guys had fun

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Any idea when we can view the videos you made, or can you send me a DVD. The 5 Sti's hanging from my windshield is a classic moment, want to show my friends.

Cruiser66
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
What I learned:

Thanks for posting your findings!

The bolded part is of particular interest.
They apparently use LTI Ultralye, LTI Marksman here in NJ.
I assume most (newer) laser guns don't take nearly as long as 3 - 5 seconds to lock onto the target?

I have been hit 3 times by laser, as alerted by my rev. 5 X50 and not gotten a ticket yet.
All 3 encounters were on the GSP, two at night.

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Jim, perhaps you can answer this? Do newer laser guns take just as long as the guns we used (ultralyte and pro laser 2) to acquire the vehicles speed?

jimbonzzz
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Jim, perhaps you can answer this? Do newer laser guns take just as long as the guns we used (ultralyte and pro laser 2) to acquire the vehicles speed?

Yes. The longest to acquire are the Stalker LZ-1 and Laser Atlanta in Stealth Mode. Most companies advertise 1/3 second or so, but at a distance it can definitely be more.

Cruiser66
09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Great, thanks Jim!

alpinestars_2002795
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Most agreed with Jim on that time info.... Although don't forget jim and others that every once in awhile you do get that INSTANT reading with the WRONG type of car, or setup...

Here is a video TEASER FOR YOU TRC!! BY special request... since this vid might take a bit alot of footage to go through not alot of time... So here is a teaser vid for you.

Here is the link to the video.

http://media.putfile.com/AlPiNe-up-north-invational-07-Teaser-video--trailer

AlPiNe~

Toronto-radar-chopper
09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the video Apline. That is such a teaser 8)

We must of had a tonne of footage from that day. My GF is impressed by your editing.

Take care

alpinestars_2002795
09-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Thats just a teaser as the trailer says there will be more :)

AlPiNe~

wanderingmind
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Thats just a teaser as the trailer says there will be more :)

AlPiNe~

Hurry up with the full video!!!!!!!!!111!!one!! :lol:

P.S. - Fort Minor :wink:

proudNMAmember
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Give him time guys, working all the hours he is and the "extra" editing that is required in this video to "protect" those of us who were involved at the event takes time. Serious editing takes time!

alpinestars_2002795
10-01-2007, 06:12 PM
OK the delay on the full video and reasoning guys...

YES THERE IS A SLIGHT DELAY HERE

Reason's

1. Nma's reason real editing takes time.

2. Yes i work 13-14 hrs a day 6 days a week.

3. So no i don't have alot of time. What little time i do have anymore is spent sleeping for the next 14 hr shift.

4. I also have video to edit from a gig i did this summer for well over 40 dvd's that i have to cut. So alot of time between work and this, but i'll make time somehow.

Now this video should by all means be out this weekend. along with results. Hoping to get it up and online by SUN. ALthough it might end up postponed till mon depending on google video. They aren't there on sunday so hence it won't clear the video untill mondy most times. So just a heads up. Thanks sorry for the dealay it is coming your way.. PROMISE!

AlPiNe~

proudNMAmember
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
And don't forget to tell the guys you are taking Ham radio courses which require even more out of your schedule.

Toronto-radar-chopper
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Don't stress to much over the video guys. We know you work hard but good things come to those who wait. Can I help in anyway?

wanderingmind
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I was just giving you some crap Alpinestizzle! :lol:

The contribution you have made to this forum is immense and I appreciate it very much 8) Take your time on the video.

Toronto-radar-chopper
10-03-2007, 09:50 AM
LOL, keep it up though :)

alpinestars_2002795
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
New video realease today!!

Title: Satty of Death VS Leo with a ProLaser III In bay city Michigan.

Release date: Oct,25th,2007

Rated: NC-17

Link- http://media.putfile.com/AlPiNe-Vs-Leo-with-The-ProLaser-III-Lidar

AlPiNe~

KnightHawk
10-25-2007, 11:21 PM
New video realease today!!

Title: Satty of Death VS Leo with a ProLaser III In bay city Michigan.

Release date: Oct,25th,2007

Rated: NC-17

Link- http://media.putfile.com/AlPiNe-Vs-Leo-with-The-ProLaser-III-Lidar

AlPiNe~

Nice video of actual laser encounter. Keep it up Alpine.

proudNMAmember
10-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Awesome Laser/Radar combination video Alpine. :D :D

alpinestars_2002795
10-28-2007, 05:22 AM
It sure was one hell of a day thats for sure, I worked my butt off to get that hit, and finally all my efforts payed off. FINALLY! After well over a years worth of searching, I finally found it.

AlPiNe~

alpinestars_2002795
11-10-2007, 02:21 PM
This is the lidar section of the alpine up north invational...

Video realease date: 11/10/2007

Rated-R do to some profane language.

Link to video (FLV file type): Click here to watch AlPiNe-invational-vid-1-liDAR-HALF (http://media.putfile.com/AlPiNe-invational-vid-1-liDAR-HALF)

AlPiNe~

happya$$
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Jerry looked like he was having a BLAST :lol: :lol: :lol:

SmaartAasSaabr
11-10-2007, 02:55 PM
That was a great video of a sexy T/A and some guy's butt and a stop sign printed on a inkjet printer (man MIDOT must have an even crappier budget than we do :lol: )

alpinestars_2002795
11-11-2007, 10:39 AM
That was long response for SAS wow more than two words...

By the way whats up the spectre in the trash?

AlPiNe~