PDA

View Full Version : GOL inc?

CJR238
09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Is GOL incorporated as a real business, I would guess a type S or non profit?

I was thinking that you could sell the top testing RD's with a certificate to help pay for new GOL tests.

crazyVOLVOrob
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
If GOL were ever to sell detectors they would be motivated by money and lose their independent tester status in my opinion. Afterall what says if the GOL sold detectors they would put their seal of approval on anything to make an extra buck

CJR238
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
If GOL were ever to sell detectors they would be motivated by money and lose their independent tester status in my opinion. Afterall what says if the GOL sold detectors they would put their seal of approval on anything to make an extra buck

True, but selling only a few of the top detectors they test a year isn’t going to make them rich just help with the costs of testing. Plus having a type S corporation is a good tax write off for all the toys they need.

happya$$
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Guys lets keep this is prespective. GOL is a bunch of enthusiast that met on this forum that get together every couple of months and perform some tests for themselves and decide to share their findings. GOL does it for the FUN of it. Think of GOL like a club. You know when you were a little kid and you would form the "east club"? MOST manufactures see GOL as a threat because the MIGHTY $$$$ does not control GOL thus things get reported as is, let the chips fall where they may, it is what it is, etc. GOL hopes to inspire more enthusiast in perfroming more tests. We all have day jobs outside of this industry.

Rottman
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I think we are very lucky that they do!!!!!!!!

hockey005
09-29-2007, 06:33 AM
thats why they are the best

Blown Z
09-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I think GOL would lose their highly respected credibility if they started selling radar detectors. People would then start saying that they were bought off or that they have an agenda.

CJR238
10-01-2007, 08:41 AM
At the very least GOL should be incorporated under a type S or non profit. The Tax write off and personal protection for them would be very prudent. I think we all can agree we want GOL to keep doing what they do best.
Ultimately, selling the top RD units they test is not important. There test results that allow us to decide for our selves are.

As a side note:
I think GOL should do some kind of test results/comparison of the fetchers of each of the detectors they test. The Wii would be nothing if it didn’t have those cool remotes. XBOX wouldn’t be the same with out Halo.

thestaton
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a very limited understanding of how any of this works, but here is what I picked up about a LLC from my accounting class.

The example was given that doctors do this so they can separate their personal assets from their practices assets.

If we take Company A for example who have no assets. Would this protect them from any lawsuits that would go after their personal assets? Being the Company A account would hold a zero balance you can't draw blood from a turnip so to speak.

I'd like to have someone who has personal experience and the know how to offer their opinion.

CJR238
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a very limited understanding of how any of this works, but here is what I picked up about a LLC from my accounting class.

The example was given that doctors do this so they can separate their personal assets from their practices assets.

If we take Company A for example who have no assets. Would this protect them from any lawsuits that would go after their personal assets? Being the Company A account would hold a zero balance you can't draw blood from a turnip so to speak.

I'd like to have someone who has personal experience and the know how to offer their opinion.

I started a business quite a few years back as a type S corporation.
1) Being incorporated will help protect you from any lawsuits that would go after personal assets.
2) Under a new type S Corp you can claim a loss easer, and you can change the designation any time.
3) Items you purchase directly for the Corp are excluded from Tax and are tax deductible.

Any accountant/Lawyer can give detail to some of the advantages. And no one can steal your company name.

happya$$
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
We are just everyday guys with day jobs outside of this industry who happen to have th equipment to test for the fun of it and share our results with everyone. We are no different than any of the forum members we are JUST LIKE all of you who found this forum because of the love. The only thing different that we do is we have a seperate website. I can attribute our popularity because of our honesty. When we started testing in order to cut through the BS, this industry was and still is THIRSTY for honesty and intergrity. If companies want to start going after individual customers/users of their product because they do not like what they read then let them. This would be public suicide for them. We are not sorry for doing something we LOVE and reporting our findings as is. If that is illegal someone let me know. We will continue to test whatever product. Until someone shows us what we are doing is illegal then will we stop. We LOVE to test and share our findings that is the bottom line. As soon as we start worrying about lawsuits and finding ways to protect ourselves (from what I do not know) that is when the fun ends. If a company wants to come after me all they will get is a beat up Civic :lol: :lol:

piratebay
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
We are just everyday guys with day jobs outside of this industry who happen to have th equipment to test for the fun of it and share our results with everyone. We are no different than any of the forum members we are JUST LIKE all of you who found this forum because of the love. The only thing different that we do is we have a seperate website. I can attribute our popularity because of our honesty. When we started testing in order to cut through the BS, this industry was and still is THIRSTY for honesty and intergrity. If companies want to start going after individual customers/users of their product because they do not like what they read then let them. This would be public suicide for them. We are not sorry for doing something we LOVE and reporting our findings as is. If that is illegal someone let me know. We will continue to test whatever product. Until someone shows us what we are doing is illegal then will we stop. We LOVE to test and share our findings that is the bottom line. As soon as we start worrying about lawsuits and finding ways to protect ourselves (from what I do not know) that is when the fun ends. If a company wants to come after me all they will get is a beat up Civic :lol: :lol:

and sadly your house if you purchased one :-(

jimbonzzz
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Sorry guys, this area was not intended for suggestions or discussion of "GOL administration". Please rest assured we have everything under control. Thread locked.