PDA

View Full Version : Suf Daddy offers to shoot LIDAR for any GOL upcoming test

Suf Daddy
03-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Following up on my tossing my "hat" into the ring:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=35200&start=45

I offer, if it will appease anyone scrutinizing the GOL tests, to shoot LIDAR guns as one of the LIDAR operators.

I Don't feel there is, or ever was; a creditability issue with the GOL tests.

However, I will offer to assist in an upcoming test if the GOL decides to invite me.

Simply offering an option, -Suf Daddy

Jammer84_03
03-28-2008, 11:25 AM
awesome to see suf.

you have been a huge help to a ton of people here on the boards, and have gained a ton of credability. with you on board, it'd be hard pressed for a johnny cockren type lawyer to even shake a finger at the GOL test

mikered30
03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Following up on my tossing my "hat" into the ring:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=35200&start=45

I offer, if it will appease anyone scrutinizing the GOL tests, to shoot LIDAR guns as one of the LIDAR operators.

I Don't feel there is, or ever was; a creditability issue with the GOL tests.

However, I will offer to assist in an upcoming test if the GOL decides to invite me.

Simply offering an option, -Suf Daddy

Are you a cop?

Suf Daddy
03-28-2008, 03:07 PM
NEGATIVE

thestaton
03-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I'll say this is one job, that I'm thankful not to have. It's long hours, with nothing but monotony. I'm sure the current officer we use would love a little help.

Fortunately this year, I think we don't have nearly as many jammers to test.

Laser *
LI - Retail.
ZR4.
M45.
Mimic.
*Surprise*.

I can't wait to hear Happya$$ talk all his usual jargon about out drinking everyone, only to have him order a water.

g-zona
03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll say this is one job, that I'm thankful not to have. It's long hours, with nothing but monotony. I'm sure the current officer we use would love a little help.

Laser *
LI - Retail.
ZR4.
M45.
Mimic.
*Surprise*.

I can't wait to hear Happya$$ talk all his usual jargon about out drinking everyone, only to have him order a water.

AL G8 v17.46+ ?
LPP ?
LD ?

ahmadr
03-28-2008, 04:31 PM

Laser *
LI - Retail.
ZR4.
M45.
Mimic.
*Surprise*.

I hope you use a test vehicle very similar to last year so we could mix and match the results :)

Jammer84_03
03-28-2008, 04:39 PM

Laser *
LI - Retail.
ZR4.
M45.
Mimic.
*Surprise*.

I hope you use a test vehicle very similar to last year so we could mix and match the results :)
im happy to let mine be used :D

mikered30
03-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Why no LPP?

jimbonzzz
03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Guys please don't worry!

There's not even a GOL test scheduled at this time, and we haven't determined exactly what jammers will be tested when we do schedule one.

outrun
03-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Laser *
LI - Retail.
ZR4.
M45.
Mimic.
*Surprise*.

Oh that can't be more true. During the first GOL event it was long hours shooting guns killed my arm, shoulder just a beat down. I couldn't wait for the day to be over.

happya$$
03-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Guys please don't worry!

There's not even a GOL test scheduled at this time, and we haven't determined exactly what jammers will be tested when we do schedule one.

I think the Suff daddy idea is great

thestaton
03-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Guys please don't worry!

I think the Suff daddy idea is great

Will it be Dasani, Fuji, or just free tap water? Since we all know the taste of alcohol offends you.

RacerX
03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'll still need permission before choosing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jerry540i
03-28-2008, 08:56 PM

LOL :D

J/

Hessen
03-29-2008, 05:44 PM

So besides being an " Also Ran" in the Stealth Game, he's also " Whipped".................... :idea:

Poor Bastard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RacerX
03-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Bingo. That's why I pity him so... that's why I let him have his petty stealth jabs... he needs something to hang on to... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RacerX
03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Now, back to the topic.
i think that would be cool to have Suf join us. he's a pro with the lidar guns.

Plus, maybe our usual LEO can actually have some relaxing time instead of us working him to the bone.. :lol:

Ideally I'd like to see the runs shot through the hud.

This way, we have them for review, and no one can dispute a CM or headlight PT.

With the gun on a tripod it would be good too.

thestaton
03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Now, back to the topic.
i think that would be cool to have Suf join us. he's a pro with the lidar guns.

Plus, maybe our usual LEO can actually have some relaxing time instead of us working him to the bone.. :lol:

Ideally I'd like to see the runs shot through the hud.

This way, we have them for review, and no one can dispute a CM or headlight PT.

With the gun on a tripod it would be good too.

I was trying to think of a way to rig up a small camera lens to the HUD. Set the laser gun on a tripod, then you could actually feed the stream to a computer. That way while you are looking at the results, if you had any questions you could just pull up the clip.

But, something this cool sounds expensive.

jimbonzzz
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I have always thought a tripod was a good idea. While some people point out that a tripod is not "real-world" in the majority of cases, it most definitely lends itself to the "worst case scenario" style of testing that is the best IMHO for comparing the (sometimes subtle) differences between the products under test, which is the ultimate goal.

happya$$
03-29-2008, 09:17 PM
I have always thought a tripod was a good idea. While some people point out that a tripod is not "real-world" in the majority of cases, it most definitely lends itself to the "worst case scenario" style of testing that is the best IMHO for comparing the (sometimes subtle) differences between the products under test, which is the ultimate goal.

I agree we are ALL ABOUT worst case I love the European style license plate that we are going to be using on our next test

thestaton
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
we are getting this made into a real plate and using it.

http://www.dps.mo.gov/DPSPictures/TerrorismPlate/images/Paul%20with%20Large%20Plate_jpg.jpg

happya$$
03-29-2008, 09:25 PM
we are getting this made into a real plate and using it.

http://www.dps.mo.gov/DPSPictures/TerrorismPlate/images/Paul%20with%20Large%20Plate_jpg.jpg

RacerX
03-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Yeah, some type of streaming camera to a laptop or something would be cool.

If a jammer can pass a tripod test, then they can pass a real world shooter.

maybe a webcam, or some small mini camera like on of the casios or something that would fit on the hud, and i "think" some of those small cameras do streaming too via usb.

i'll see what i an rig up with my webcams, and others can do the same and start looking for something.

jimbonzzz
03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Thing is with a camera on the HUD... it would need some sort of viewfinder to allow the shooter to see what he is targeting... unless we make him target by looking at the laptop :lol:

thestaton
03-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Thing is with a camera on the HUD... it would need some sort of viewfinder to allow the shooter to see what he is targeting... unless we make him target by looking at the laptop :lol:

I'm picturing, a big umbrella to block the sun. Comfy seat, with a big 20" screen in front of it. All the operator has to do is pull the trigger and watch the screen. All of this would be for unofficial runs, but anything is better than staring at that red dot for hours.

RacerX
03-29-2008, 10:03 PM

doh... :oops: :lol: yeah, what Staton said.. :lol:

okay, back to a regular type of camera then, one of those small compact cameras that you CAN see through while filming. :)

jimbonzzz
03-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Picture this:

- No laser shooter at all: the laser gun is mounted on some sort of mechanical apparatus which does the targeting.

- A bright red object is mounted just above the headlight or license plate on the vehicle for a reference.

- Camera is mounted on the gun, and video is fed into a computer.

- The computer analyzes the video, and in turn controls the laser gun to constantly target just below the red object reference.

Talk about consistent targeting!

Possible? Definitely. :D
Difficult and expensive? YES! :cry:

RacerX
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
well i have confidence you can build it.

git r' done. :lol:

let me check with my military contacts and see if we can borrow the GOL X1000 tracking unit for the weekend.

We'll just have to remember to turn off the Return Interference Tracking Elimination mode, so it doesn't vaporize the test vehicle when the jammer fires back. :lol:

jimbonzzz
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I can see it now: "The GOL test is biased, because clearly the mechanical apparatus that did the targeting was a supporter of <INSERT LASER JAMMER HERE>" :lol:

g-zona
03-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Here is something I have tryed and is not expensive.
-1 small wireles camera
-2 wireles audio/video receivers
-1 laptop with connected wireless audio/video receiver
-1 7"LCD attached to the LIDAR and connected to the other wireless receiver, so the LIDAR operator can see what he is targeting while the small camera is attached to the viewing part of the LIDAR.

I have tryed it and is awsome! At the first (and last) SpeedLab test we have done something similar, just for the test purpose, but without 7"LCD on the LIDAR, but used in car equipment... Down part is that you can't zoom, but you can aim and record. WYSIWYG! :) Operators view and video material are exactly the same!

ahmadr
03-31-2008, 01:21 AM
+1 to tripods.
And they would make tests more repeatable.

Suf Daddy
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
If I understand correctly, this is similar to using a video camera (with zoom / night vision, whatever brand) and having the side screen folded out. Once aligned < takes a while > you just shoot and film off the HUD w/ zoom by aiming and watching the side screen viewer.

The secret is a tray / bracket to hold the camera stationary.

-Suf Daddy

Here is something I have tryed and is not expensive.
-1 small wireles camera
-2 wireles audio/video receivers
-1 laptop with connected wireless audio/video receiver
-1 7"LCD attached to the LIDAR and connected to the other wireless receiver, so the LIDAR operator can see what he is targeting while the small camera is attached to the viewing part of the LIDAR.

I have tryed it and is awsome! At the first (and last) SpeedLab test we have done something similar, just for the test purpose, but without 7"LCD on the LIDAR, but used in car equipment... Down part is that you can't zoom, but you can aim and record. WYSIWYG! :) Operators view and video material are exactly the same!