PDA

View Full Version : Why we NEED Cobras:

Doc What, son?
05-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I wasn't sure if this is a pro-Cobra conference, or anti-Cobra conference, but I had a thought. You can decide if it's pro or con...

It seems to me that as long as LEOs believe RDs don't work, they will have less incentive to use/develop the nastiest of deployment tricks.

That makes LEO easier for those with truly good detectors to avoid radar.

So, Cobra is good for the rest of us. Makes sacrificial lambs for the slaughter.

Rabbits and lambs go hand in hand. That's what I say.

Cobra? Keep 'em coming. ;-D

MEM-TEK
05-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree. Besides, the performance of nearly every other brand of RD looks great compared to the performance of a Cobra.

kpatz
05-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't mind Cobras so much if they didn't leak so much carp all over the Ka band.

If not for Crapras Ka falses would be nearly non-existent.

Lucky225
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't mind Cobras so much if they didn't leak so much carp all over the Ka band.

If not for Crapras Ka falses would be nearly non-existent.

That's not true, Killeen is full of KA false (full strength) from the Army base.. it's desynthesized me to real KA threats :(

Ovencleaner
05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't get falses from Cobras, but I am sure they desensitize my detector.

The more cops that use non selective I/O or C/O the better...

An0nym0us
05-30-2008, 01:52 PM
I never had a Ka false but 1 K false (Since Nov.) before so Cobras are the greatest thing happen to me in RD World and they're everywhere. :) I just love them so much as much as V1 Users.

Rottman
06-02-2008, 09:25 AM
You have to love CO KA.....:D

dirtfreak250r
06-05-2008, 07:23 PM
i don't understand the mentality of the cobra desiners. They produce dectors that do everything but detect radar. they must be aware of their reputation of poor dection.

Kayrac
06-06-2008, 05:13 AM
cobra is a business, IE in it for money, and something i learned working in retail, it's all about how it looks, you make something look good, people will buy it

i could have made a feature(those things you see on the ends of aisles in stores or in those 4way type things) of a 'fake turd to fool your grandma'

and if i made it look good enough, they'd disapeer :)

KnightHawk
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't get falses from Cobras, but I am sure they desensitize my detector.

The more cops that use non selective I/O or C/O the better...The newer cobras don't leak like what we all thought. It's just members here think that all cobras leak so bad.

SuperSalad
07-06-2008, 10:20 AM
I pulled up to stop light and a LEO pulled up besides me with C/O on. Of course my V1 was lit like a christmas tree. She pulled up a little more to see it, then she rolled down the window, and no joke, she said "looks like it works doesn't it?" I was like ahhh think fast! So I replied in a calm voice "Haha only when you are like 2 feet away from me like this, otherwise it's completely useless. It works good as a compass and it even tells me when emergency vehicles are approaching!" Then she says "That's what I try to tell everyone!" Me, while silently praying for the light to turn green, "Yea me too, pretty much a waste of money". Then the light turned green and said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Overall she was really nice about the whole thing. I had to make sure she knew they didn't work because she was one of the few LEO's that run C/O in my city.