PDA

View Full Version : When you get Pulled over do you.............................

happya$$
02-16-2005, 04:27 PM
hide your radar detector? Even though it is legal to use in Ohio I still feel uncomfortable with leaving it mounted. First I do not want the cop to get a big head and I do not want to piss him off. How about you all?

SmaartAasSaabr
02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Definately because I'd rather keep it... :evil:

brick
02-16-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd pull it down. If he's observant he may see my remote display or the wiring, but what the hell. If he doesn't see it I have a ghost of a chance of maybe getting some kind of break, if he sees me pulling it down I can tell him I didn't think he'd appreciate it and accept the consequences. I hope (**furious knocking on wood**) I don't have to find out any time soon. (**Further knocking**)

marlinspike
02-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I would think if you pulled it down he'd see you when you pulled it and think you might be going for something. I would personally leave it up there and just get what I got coming. Maybe see if I can tell him that I'll sell it and stop speeding if he lets me off with a warning.
Richard

happya$$
02-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah. I went through that experience once when I got BLASTED with a FULL dose of instant on KA band in Hudson, OH about three years ago at about 2:00am. My heart dropped. I took down the detector but that did not help me. He told me that I was going 54mph in a 35mph zone. Man that is the worst experience, cruizing at night with hardly ANY cars around then getting a full alert on the V1, I still get goose bumps

sethy
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I have been pulled over, and I always take down my detector. The one time I didn't is when he was already behind me before I could take it down. I didn't want to make it look like I was hiding somthing other then a radar detector.

marlinspike
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Hehe...
(scene opens with two long-hairs)

(red and blue lights flashing in rear view mirror)
hey dude, crotch the detector
wha? oh, ok man.
Richard

happya$$
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
The ONLY time I have ever left it mounted is when the State Troopers got me with VASCAR. The lady was SO NICE to me though. She told me that there was not much she could do (let me off with a warning) because the officer flying the plane nailed me. It is AMAZING to me that they would go to those extremes (flying a plane) just to nail speeders.

brick
02-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Seriously. I wonder what it costs per hour to keep the plane in the air?

matt1020
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
me and my friend got pulled over in nj..we were doing 58 in a 40. we didnt take down the detector, but eather the cop didnt see it or he just didnt care bc he didnt say any thing about the radar and we didnt get a speeding ticket any way but the driver got a small 40$ ticket....lucky!!!

im guessing VASCAR is radar by plane????

marlinspike
02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Nope you can't do radar by plane. VASCAR is when either a car or a plane uses a computer to time how long it takes you to travel a known distance and gets your average speed.
Richard

crazyVOLVOrob
02-16-2005, 08:52 PM
The ONLY time I have ever left it mounted is when the State Troopers got me with VASCAR. The lady was SO NICE to me though. She told me that there was not much she could do (let me off with a warning) because the officer flying the plane nailed me. It is AMAZING to me that they would go to those extremes (flying a plane) just to nail speeders.My friends and I got nailed on my way home from school with a friend the plane caught us doing 90 at one point and granted we were but when the cop pulled us over we doing the speed limit, To top is off the plane got us AT NIGHT, didn't know it was posible. Fortunately we were in a group of cars speeding and we were the first car he got to and gave us a warning with the flash of the drivers father's badge number.

crazyVOLVOrob
02-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Seriously. I wonder what it costs per hour to keep the plane in the air?IT's alot but they don't care they aren't paying for it.....we are!!!!

Brent_Vino
02-16-2005, 09:06 PM
lol... you people that are trying to hide your radar dectectors are going to get shot. :roll:

the cop behind you is going to think you are hiding drugs or weapons.

not smart.

sethy
02-16-2005, 09:40 PM
lol... you people that are trying to hide your radar dectectors are going to get shot. :roll:

the cop behind you is going to think you are hiding drugs or weapons.

not smart.
thats somthing like I said. I think you can have enough time to stash it if you see him pulling a U turn on your sorry @$$

happya$$
02-17-2005, 07:12 AM
I have actually got away once when a State Trooper got me with Instant On X band. He did a U turn but I got off the very next exit and hid. If you think about it my V1 saved me because if I did not have it I would have NEVEr known that he radared me.

SETITOFF
02-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Can't do radar from a plane?

marlinspike wrote Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:37 pm
[Nope you can't do radar by plane]

If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you. The technology and hardware is a bit too expensive for states to buy and overkill just to catch speeders. Air to ground and air to air radar is used in MIL aps. Trust me.

marlinspike
02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
What I meant is that you can't use those handheld units cops use at speed traps from a plane.
Richard