PDA

View Full Version : radarroy...can you help with this ku??

pemarsh
02-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Radarroy...can you find out if Ku is being used?? It sure looks like it is...

Radar Roy
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I am sure that Ku is not being used in the USA at the current time. The protype Ku gun that will be coming out is going to be tested in June during the radar detector shoot-out..

sethy
02-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I am sure that Ku is not being used in the USA at the current time. The protype Ku gun that will be coming out is going to be tested in June during the radar detector shoot-out..

What about me getting hit with a KU band last week?

Radar Roy
02-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Space aliens???

I don't question you getting a Ku alert, but I think your detector freaked out. From speaking with my man in the know, Carl Fors, there is only one Ku gun in the USA that he knows of, and that is the protype he is testing in June.

sethy
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I have gotten a low amount of falses on KU, but never one that would light up more then 1 light. I find it odd that it goes to full alert right as a cop is parked on the shoulder. Is there anything wrong with just calling the police station and asking what they are using?

stalkervision
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Space aliens???

I don't question you getting a Ku alert, but I think your detector freaked out. From speaking with my man in the know, Carl Fors, there is only one Ku gun in the USA that he knows of, and that is the protype he is testing in June.

don't even kidd about that Roy otherwise they might suck out your brain and use your head for kick ball practice.... :wink: :)

happya$$
02-17-2005, 07:10 AM
It could have been an Xband radar that was out of calibration

Radar Roy
02-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Nothing wrong about calling the station, but I bet that no one there would have a clue as to what you are asking them...

happya$$
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
I would be willing to bet my car that what he detectoed was X band radar untis out of calibration

sakoylini
02-17-2005, 12:23 PM
If you put your mobile phone near the rd you take false alarms in ku band. 8)

sethy
02-17-2005, 12:57 PM
AHA! that may have been it, because I remember yelling at the dude that cut me off who was on a cellphone. But would the magnesium cover prevent interference?

brick
02-17-2005, 01:07 PM
AHA! that may have been it, because I remember yelling at the dude that cut me off who was on a cellphone. But would the magnesium cover prevent interference?

I can't imagine why. I mean, the antenna will pick up whatever it can see and it was probably just a signal from the phone on the right frequency. I think I'll try it when I get off work and see what happens.