PDA

View Full Version : 9500ix September Update

akarol
09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, anyone know what else it does other than update redlight camera locations? If that's all it does, I might skip this one as I already removed the ones that interfere with my commute on the highway. My current version also seems to cover all the redlight cameras around me.

radardude
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I dont think there are any other differences.

nocturne1
09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
It's a location update only - not a firmware update. So I wouldn't expect any functional changes.

On a (barely) related note, I ran across an intersection today that alerted as a red-light camera, but there isn't anything there. It may be possible that there is a camera up at the poles, but it doesn't appear to be enforcement for anything.

Is this considered a false? Can this be reported anywhere?

focalcivic
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I think there might be a ramp up fix too

Aggie
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
On the phantom RLC intersections I have noticed a few. But after research I found out that they are intersections that are getting the equipment. It is just that it takes time moving at the speed of government.

Governator
09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I think there might be a ramp up fix tooHow so without a firmware update?

swarga
09-07-2008, 10:09 AM
On a (barely) related note, I ran across an intersection today that alerted as a red-light camera, but there isn't anything there. It may be possible that there is a camera up at the poles, but it doesn't appear to be enforcement for anything.

Was this the intersection of Barranca and Alton, by any chance? :D

Crossing Guard Red Light Camera - rlc.wmv @ ZippyVideos.com - Free Video Webhosting (http://www.zippyvideos.com/6891791504037306/rlc/)

For several years, there was a RLC at that intersection (and several others throughout the city) but they were all removed about 5 years ago. I don't know the exact reason, but my guess is they didn't bring in enough revenue to justify their costs. ;)

nocturne1
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Was this the intersection of Barranca and Alton, by any chance? :D

Nope - at El Toro and Trabuco in Lake Forest. As far as I know, there's never been a RLC there. But not gonna blow through it just to check. ;)