PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Garmin...

upstatedoc
10-06-2008, 10:50 AM
...for putting me in the middle of the 'hood!

Just got back from a week long training session in Albany, man its tough being away from the fam for that long. Anyway, I was staying at a hotel right on the grounds of Albany Med. For those of you who are not familiar, it's surrounded on all 4 sides by tha 'hood. Well, I hop in my car to go get some gas, punch in "gas" and it gives X number of places. The first brand name place was a Citgo so cool i hit Go! It ends up taking me down to the Port of Albany on the Hudson River in between two warehouses, no Citgo to be found. SOB! There should be 3 options when choosing a route on the nav, quickest, least miles and 'hood free!

RadarKid
10-07-2008, 09:17 AM
...for putting me in the middle of the 'hood!

Just got back from a week long training session in Albany, man its tough being away from the fam for that long. Anyway, I was staying at a hotel right on the grounds of Albany Med. For those of you who are not familiar, it's surrounded on all 4 sides by tha 'hood. Well, I hop in my car to go get some gas, punch in "gas" and it gives X number of places. The first brand name place was a Citgo so cool i hit Go! It ends up taking me down to the Port of Albany on the Hudson River in between two warehouses, no Citgo to be found. SOB! There should be 3 options when choosing a route on the nav, quickest, least miles and 'hood free!

Oh...you just need the newest whiteboy software update.....

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/uploads/1222797688/gallery_19979_227_15678.jpg

AirMoore
10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Haha Yeah: Your Garmin is missing the anti-hood route feature also... I can avoid toll-roads and all, but no such luck on rather 'risky' areas of cities which I do not know.

Luckily it has never directed me to a phantom location, though my mom has had that problem. How up-to-date are your maps.

RadarKid
10-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Haha Yeah: Your Garmin is missing the anti-hood route feature also... I can avoid toll-roads and all, but no such luck on rather 'risky' areas of cities which I do not know.

Luckily it has never directed me to a phantom location, though my mom has had that problem. How up-to-date are your maps.
i gotta ask...what are you referring to when you say:
"IT'S like a hobby for her" ?????

upstatedoc
10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh...you just need the newest whiteboy software update.....

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/uploads/1222797688/gallery_19979_227_15678.jpg
^^ How cool would that option be!

thestaton
10-07-2008, 02:43 PM
good night I know how you feel. my tomtom 920t took me through the heart of the DC ghetto, and my dad had the microsoft streets and trips.... instead of going to the monuments in dc we ended up in the middle of a crack transaction, all the while our chevy malibu was dying... :eek:

RadarKid
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
good night I know how you feel. my tomtom 920t took me through the heart of the DC ghetto, and my dad had the microsoft streets and trips.... instead of going to the monuments in dc we ended up in the middle of a crack transaction, all the while our chevy malibu was dying... :eek:

thats just karma

hockey005
10-07-2008, 05:34 PM
lmao nice pic

partsfreak
11-30-2008, 01:39 PM
The voice didnt warn you to even roll up the windows, stash valuables and lock/load? :mad: Perhaps you had it set to" Homies" instead of "home".

TSi+WRX
12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
ROFL! :lol: This thread delivers! :)