PDA

View Full Version : Pro 68 Ka save

Sarge
10-13-2008, 05:25 AM
In the Mercedes coming back from Dallas ( Hook Em Horns!)...I stay off I35 and go 281 South all the way back to just north of San Antonio.....not any trucks and very few LEO's. I have the Pro 68 just for these trips on occasion in the Mercedes and then back in the toolbox as this is the wife's car and she doesn't like RD's....
So in between Lampassas and Marble Falls I am running 85mph with the PSL at 70mph....I have a Toyota 4Runner right on my tail....I don't care.....I get a Ka low level and slow to 70mph....the Ka gets stronger....the 4Runner blows right by me.....around a sweeping turn about 1/2 mile and there he is....Texas DPS.....he lit the 4Runner up :)
In Dallas I had two Lasers....but was going the PSL. The Pro68 was very quiet in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.....not as good as my Pro 78 or XTR 695 but a darn good lil RD for sure.

AirMoore
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Very very nice... I love to see a well informed RD user on here get the save over some hooligan who needs to be taught a lesson.

I must say though: Not to be rude you seemingly are in no shortage of money (looking at your sig), how come you run all Whistler units, instead of A high-end Belscort or the V1... or even a remote mount or two for that matter?

Just curious... I know Whistler makes great units, they are more of a budget unit though, but it just seems odd to have such money into cars, and such little into countermeasures. Obviously they work for you though.

Again just curious... I assume its because you don't speed awfully fast and the Whistler units are all you need... or something to that effect?

Sarge
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Fair question. No money is not an issue....but then you have to ask yourself "what is the best"...well to me the best is what meets or exceeds the requirements. I'm a fairly consistent over PSL by about 10-15mph on the open highway. An RD that falses in the city too much renders it useless to me. V1 and Beltronics are good...but I found the whistlers to do the job and be quiet in the city. And as I have posted before in this forum....the Whistler XTR 695/690 and the Pro 78 and 68 give me about the same reach as a V1....yes the V1 will alarm a tad sooner....but the Whistlers give me more than adequate time to slow down....and the Whistlers dont false as much as the V1 from my personal experience.

Divewjason
10-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Fair question. No money is not an issue....but then you have to ask yourself "what is the best"...well to me the best is what meets or exceeds the requirements. I'm a fairly consistent over PSL by about 10-15mph on the open highway. An RD that falses in the city too much renders it useless to me. V1 and Beltronics are good...but I found the whistlers to do the job and be quiet in the city. And as I have posted before in this forum....the Whistler XTR 695/690 and the Pro 78 and 68 give me about the same reach as a V1....yes the V1 will alarm a tad sooner....but the Whistlers give me more than adequate time to slow down....and the Whistlers dont false as much as the V1 from my personal experience.Yep. I agree with all that you said. That is why I run these older Whistlers. I've had plenty of saves on both of them and they do the job down here in Pensacola. They do very well in Alabama too as I've run into numerous Alabama cops running C/O X band. I've always had more than enough time to slow down when up againist all of the radar bands.